Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Stripping and assembling the MS M1900 bolt

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

Ovenpaa
.224 member

Reged: 12/12/16
Loc: Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Stripping and assembling the MS M1900 bolt
      30/12/16 04:07 AM

I have been trying to find an article on the assembling of the M1900 Mannlicher–Schönauer rifle bolt but to no avail so thought it might be worth asking here.

To strip I de-cock the bolt, depress the safety flag and turn the cocking piece and the whole thing flies apart. More accurately described the bolt head disengages from the bolt body and the force of the firing pin spring causes everything to come apart somewhat unexpectedly first time. Now I understand the process re-assembly is easy enough, the ejector ends up on the left hand side of the bolt as it should be and everything functions as I would expect.

I will also add that the bolt head keys in as I would expect however the key is exactly where the bolt head is when de-cocked.

I have watched a video of a later MS bolt and that one did not fly apart as mine so is this a quirk of the M1900 or am I missing something?

--------------------
/d

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Stripping and assembling the MS M1900 bolt Ovenpaa 30/12/16 04:07 AM
. * * Re: Stripping and assembling the MS M1900 bolt kuduae   30/12/16 05:31 AM
. * * Re: Stripping and assembling the MS M1900 bolt Ovenpaa   30/12/16 07:15 AM

Extra information
1 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1551

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com