Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Tang sights, Verguerio

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

C_Davidson
.224 member

Reged: 31/12/11
Loc: USA
Tang sights, Verguerio
      24/08/16 06:14 PM

I've acquired a Portuguese Verguerio action and barrel. Not a barreled action just the two separate items. I'll make a sporter with them. The barrel is 8mm, with strong rifling but frosty groves. It should clean up reasonably well. I'm going to ask my gunsmith to turn the barrel down a bit, give it more taper to make it lighter -- and prettier.

I've seen many pictures in this forum of Mannlichers with tang sights mounted behind the action. I really like the Marbles tang sight on my Savage 99, and think I'd like a similar sight on the Verguerio. I'm assuming tang sights on mannlichers fold back as the bolt is worked and return to battery as the bolt goes forward, much like the Lyman 36. Is this Correct? Can anyone explain this type of sight in a little more detail, please? Could any of the currently available tang sights for lever actions and such be modified to Work?

I do have a plan in my head for a very tidy cooking piece sight that might work very well. It's based on the XS ghost ring scout rifle sight, which is mounted on the receiver bridge of bolt action rifles.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Tang sights, Verguerio C_Davidson 24/08/16 06:14 PM
. * * Re: Tang sights, Verguerio DarylS   25/08/16 01:48 AM
. * * Re: Tang sights, Verguerio C_Davidson   25/08/16 05:23 AM
. * * Re: Tang sights, Verguerio DarylS   25/08/16 05:30 AM
. * * Re: Tang sights, Verguerio C_Davidson   25/08/16 09:00 AM
. * * Re: Tang sights, Verguerio DarylS   25/08/16 11:28 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1667

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com