Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: A fantastic "Christmas" gift - Two M-S's!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
A fantastic "Christmas" gift - Two M-S's!
      #322827 - 28/12/18 06:33 AM

Now I call it a Christmas gift, because it arrived just before Christmas this year, but in reality it has been a long winded process and thanks to perserverance the two items finally arrived.

People may have read me mentioning expecting to have two Steyr/Mannlicher Schoenauers arriving some time or other. Well they have finally arrived, from Germany via the UK.

Back in April last year, one of NE's members put up two rifles for sale on the forums. There was some problem with displaying the photos and I offered to load them up for the member. Chatting about the rifles, I asked what sort of price was he looking for, but only out of interest, as I couldn't afford to pay for them currently.

I once came close to acquiring a 6.5mm and a 9.5mm MS in rifle not stutzen form before buying even my .375 H&H many years ago. I think $1600 each. From a visiting dealer at a gunshow. Of course regretted not purchasing them at the time, and as usual with hindsight, but one must always keep in mind dollars are not always available.

Now the member's prices were higher but reasonable. I wished him the best for his sale.

I think it was the next day and I saw he was saying he had found a customer alread. Now that was fast!

Then read a message and email, he was going to give them to me! Unbelieveable. I replied it was too much, and then I should pay for at least one of them. Rolf was giving them to me in thanks for providing the forums. And was going to pay the costs to get them to Australia. Then the problems of modern day freight of firearms hit us. I think the first broker/shipper quoted something like $4500 ! Another a number still way too high. For the shipment from Germany to Australia and various paperwork. Obviously not sensible prices. Then I enquired from a friend who is an agent of Holt's in Australia, and after many delays, etc etc, finally got it arranged to be picked up by Holts in Germany or sent to them, then freighted in the agent's usual shipment to Australia of firearms bought at Holt's auctions. When the bill arrived, and I paid it, I think I might still be able to buy one MS for the same dollars.

But unbelieveable generosity by Rolf. I can't thank him enough. And finally since April 2017 have the rifles in my hands and can actually handle and see them. Next will be loading up some ammo, getting some reloading supplies for them. Again more then generous Rolf sent me the dies and assorted projectiles and brass. Customs here were a pain in the arse over these, and demanded a police permit for them (B709) even though in the past empty brass and projectiles have not required a B709. Some enthusiastic employee in the local office is the tip I had passed onto me is the cause. So bureacracy slowed i down again. So getting some projectiles and brass from local makers and suppliers and work up some loads. I HOPE I can try one or both of the rifles out somewhere not just on paper in 2019 somewhere.

I invited Rolf to visit Australia in 2017 and also 2018 to hunt buffalo, but unfortunately he couldn't make the trip. Then very disappointing to me, when my wife decided we would travel to Romania and Transylvania this year at short notice, chatting to Rolf about what hunting was possible in June, he said come over to Bavaria. Unfortunately our flight tickers were all locked in place already and the schedule would not permit it. Hell I could have carried the rifles back to Australia in my luggage, and get arrested in Dubai, Bucharest or somewhere if my luck was the usual. It would have been a great opportunity to meet up with Rolf. I was very disappointed to not be able to meet up.

Rolf has some medical issues from a recent email, and I will leave it for him to elaborate if he wishes, but I really wish him the best and hope these can be overcome.

As for the rifles, he did ask what I thought of them. I still did not have them when I read that email! My first impression was the stutzen's were a lot longer than I expected. I am sure the 6.5mm stutzen's I have seen and handled in the past were carbine length. These two rifles, on in 8x56 and the other 9.5x57 are full length full wood rifles. Of course beautifully slick in handling. Scopes in German claw mounts with German style under the scope rails. Both have set triggers of course, one might need some work. The 8mm has a tang safety in addtion to the bolt shroud safety. Sling swivels are fixed. I need to acquire some nice slings with old fashioned buckles so the slings can be removed easier as required. But the gunshops said no one supplies them anymore! Will find them or get some made for me. Can't wait to shoot the rifles. Even just to put some holes in paper.

I was primarly interested in the 9.5mm with a 270 gr projectile, should make a dandy sambar deer rifle. Or anything else, mostly, in Australia. Should be a great running game cartridge.

But the 8x56mm excites me a lot too now. Rolf mentioned the bore is over bore and not .323 and shoots I think .325" projectiles better. He sent a small quantity. I think i read somewhere some Steyr 8mms were actually made with .325 or similar bores.

I know Bertram used to make 180 gr .330 projectiles and also 250 gr in .330. If a die can reduce the diameter a little, the 180 grs might make a useful projectle. If .323 projectiles are too inaccurate. I will have to look who else makes projectiles in the .325 to .330 inch range.

I can see the 8mm being used alot for deer hunting, pigs and goats and anything medium sized if suitable loadings can be made up for it.

So here are the photos of one of the rifles from the thread last year. Soon I hope to post some photos of my own, handling these two very nice rifles.

A very generous gift given. I think one day I will see these rifles are also passed on also in a suitable way. Quality vintage rifles should have a history, of one owner to the next, one adventure to the next. Its a pity their owners and exploits are often not known for rifles which are a hundred years old or even more.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (20/01/19 04:12 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift [Re: NitroX]
      #322828 - 28/12/18 07:31 AM

Fantastic!

Merry Christmas!

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

Sarg
.400 member

Reged: 20/01/07
Loc: Nil
      #322829 - 28/12/18 07:50 AM

Wow what a great gift & story, congratulations to you & understand the hassle with the bureaucracy, not to be too racist but a lot of Indians are in Customs & immigration (how is this right only Australians should be working in Australian immigration to my mind) but I have had problems exporting & importing firearms & parts when I had a non Australian contact in the department, I then rang got the head guy luckily a Fair Dunkum & he said no problem, I understand, fix it right then !!

Was amazing of Rolf to get these to you as well, what a awesome gesture !

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift [Re: Sarg]
      #322832 - 28/12/18 08:45 AM

From all of us on the forum here Rolf we hope that you get better.....& bloody soon!
If you get the chance can you let us know the history (if you get it of course) & the loads for these wonderful examples of gun makers art & fair dinkum hunting rifles at that!
Truly a wonderful gift John, a real genuine Christmas story & one that inspires us all thanks to you Rolf.
Yes it's a bit late, but a belated Merry Christmas to all!
Hope you are all enjoying a break with your families.
Cheers
93x64mm

PS:- Better get up & raring Rolf, John does have a few good spots for buffalo he keeps bragging to us all about. We'd all like to see your exploits over here added to this post.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift [Re: 93x64mm]
      #322835 - 28/12/18 10:46 AM

Quote:

PS:- Better get up & raring Rolf, John does have a few good spots for buffalo he keeps bragging to us all about. We'd all like to see your exploits over here added to this post.

Might need new spots in the future ... the property we hunted on this year and when JB came is likely off the cards haviung been sub-leased to new operators. And a previous hunter berore we hunted on it this year messed it up for everyone else, except probably known locals. He got into trouble and set off his epirb and the gov't tried to bill the property owners for the search costs. As a result we had a lot of trouble even getting on the property at all this year.

I can do a rabbit hunt no problems though. And probably other options as well given enough notice and opportunity.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
      #322848 - 29/12/18 05:06 AM

Nice looking rifles...

Too bad about the hunting area..however through the years once thing as always remained constant..if you get a good area better utilize it as much as you can because it won't last..laws change.. property sold..death of landowner --whatever..it NEVER lasts..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift [Re: Ripp]
      #322849 - 29/12/18 05:16 AM

Nice, John.
Lee Precision can and will make you a 2 or 3 die set to reduce .330" bullets to .325"
You may have to give them the intermediate sizes, in step-downs.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

500Boswell
.400 member

Reged: 21/07/06
Loc: Queensland
Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift [Re: DarylS]
      #322857 - 29/12/18 01:33 PM

Nice ! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!. imo the models with the straight bolt handle [not swept back were better made ]from the ones I had ! so good

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift [Re: 500Boswell]
      #322858 - 29/12/18 05:59 PM

That 9.5x57 is a nice calibre.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Rockdoc
.400 member

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift [Re: DarylS]
      #322860 - 29/12/18 07:39 PM

What a fantastic gift by Rolf. Rolf I hope you are well soon.

Woodleigh May do some oversized projectiles if you ask them. So I have heard.

Best wishes all,

Chris

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift [Re: Rockdoc]
      #322863 - 30/12/18 01:21 AM

Wow what a story!!

Nitro, I wouldn't be surprised if .323 bullets do just fine.

Our Husqvarna 9.3x57's were commonly overbore and a lot more than that, some running .369-.370. IIRC, one of Daryl's is .370 if I remember correctly. Mine weren't that big, but were overbore
at .368 and shot just fine with .366 diameter bullets.

I'll lay a wager that some long-bearing .323 200-220-ish slugs will make the trip just fine and really, probably some 180's, too.

At any rate, as Daryl says, 2 or three dies from LEE should fix you up. We take led-core .375 cal bullets all the way down to .366-.368 and have no problems and excellent accuracy.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Rothhammer1
.400 member

Reged: 06/01/17
Loc: The Redwoods of California
      #322919 - 01/01/19 08:01 PM

Congratulations, Nitrox!

The guy in the red suit was certainly good to you this year! Who knew that Saint Nick's actual name was Rolf?

I've found myself wondering who will inherit my Granddad's M1910 when I meet my demise. I've stayed single so far (might make it the whole way through as such), so it will likely go to my eldest brother or to my cousin Greg. He would be the male lineage down from G'pa (my mother's father). When G'pa died in '89, Greg was a young'n and G'ma knew that ol' John Easton was my favorite human and how much I appreciated the lore and history of the Mannlicher Schönauer (besides, I had asked her for it).

(Someday I've got to learn to 'resize' these.)

We've discussed the projectiles appropriate to the M1910 (9.5X57) on the Mannlicher Forum, and I believe member Sharps 4590 loads cast bullets for the M1908 (8X56).

You're going to love these, of that I've no doubt. Many published references make a lot of the M1910's recoil. It's never bothered me, she won't hurt you if you hold 'er tight to the shoulder.

Surely you'll keep us all apprised of your adventures with these on the Mannlicher Forum?

Looking at your photos I noticed that on the rifle pictured, the foresight is 'rebated' - mounted aft of the muzzle - as had been done on MS rifles prepared by some of the fine British smiths. With that and the full length stutzen stocks, were they custom ordered through Steyr or are they Westley Richards or such? When were they proofed and where? We'll anxiously await more detailed photos, proofs, etcetera.

Rothhammer1
.400 member

Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift [Re: 93x64mm]
      #322920 - 01/01/19 09:30 PM

Quote:

From all of us on the forum here Rolf we hope that you get better.....& bloody soon!

Absolutely!

--------------------
Citizen of the Cherokee Nation

Rothhammer1
.400 member

Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift [Re: Rothhammer1]
      #322942 - 02/01/19 11:27 PM

Here's an amateur (very) video of someone using a forming die set to change 8X57 Mauser to
8X56MS.

YouTube

It seems like a lot of steps. I have had excellent results using a standard RCBS two die set and a Lee 'C' press to reform and load 9.5X57 from .35 Whelen. I cut them to 57mm after forming the shoulder in a single pass, then loaded. 'Easy peasy'.

--------------------

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift [Re: Rothhammer1]
      #323483 - 20/01/19 03:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely!

I haven't heard from Rolf since November or early December. I hope he is doing well. Will despatch another email.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift - Two M-S's! [Re: NitroX]
      #323484 - 20/01/19 04:07 AM

Some comments on the rifles.

Both rifles come equipped with QD claw mounts. But the Steyr/MS open sights are not usuable by me. In the 8mm the notch in the rear sight is quite small and I do have trouble using it. For the 9.5mm the bases of the claw mounts obscures the rear sight completely. This rifle actually has two sets of forward bases for claw mounts. At some time the 9.5mm must have had a different scope and mounts and later had a new forward base added on the barrel to fit a new scope. So I will be using both rifles with the scopes, which are fine and will do the job. If I used any open sights it would be for the 9.5mm but not possible with the front base obscuring the rear open sight. Also my eyes are not as good as they used to be. A broad V is still usuable but not these fine notches where the front sight almost fills the tiny notch. BGRC competitiuons prefer open sights but will yuse them in the shoots with the scope and take the penalty instead. Probably shoot better with the scopes anyway.

Both rifles have twin set triggers. The 8mm set works fine and has a nice light release when set. Also has a second tang safety as well as the bolt shroud safety. I have played with the tang safety and may not use it or at least rely on its safety, as one time the trigger did still work when the tang safety was deployed. However later when the tang safety was firmly pushed back, it did work fine, so may have been my mistake. Where the muzzle points is always the best form of safety with any rifle anyway. The shroud safeties work very well of course.

The 9.5mm's set trigger does not function. At some point in the distant future I will get a competent gunsmith have a look at it and see if it can be restored. I wonder if this just requires some minor adjustment?

I do like set triggers even on bigger bore rifles, I have one on my .404 Jeffery (Mauser M03) and do use it, when taking careful shots. When hunting in usual quicker shots, a set trigger is usually not required.

The serial numbers on my two rifles are:

8x56 MS - Steyr MS model 1908 - SN2874

9.5x57 MS - Steyr MS model 1910 - SN853

What sort of age or manufacturers year would these serial numbers conrrespond to?

As previously mentioned both rifles are a lot longer than I expected. The 6.5x54 MS's I have seen have always been carbine length when a Stutzen. As is the Greek 1903 MS in 6.5mm I have, since may have been modified, almost certainly. Also a friends stutzen MS 6.5mm is a carbine length rifle.

The barrel lengths of my two 'new' rifles are :

8x56 MS - Steyr MS model 1908 - 52 cm / 20 1/2 inches

9.5x57 MS - Steyr MS model 1910 - 56 cm / 22 inches

So are full length rifles but with full wood to the muzzle.

Very nice rifles. If the 8mm shoots well enough I think I may use it for a lot of my medium game hunting in the future.

And yes, I will try some normal .323 calibre projectiles first. If a nice 150 gr projectile shoots well enough and feeds through the magazine properly, it would make a great fallow, goat and pig projectile. A well constructed 180 gr, 200 gr or 220 gr for sambar deer.

For the 9.5mm, a 270 gr Round Nose, perhaps a Woodleigh Weldcore if they make RN's. I would be keen to try some lighter 200 gr to 235 gr projectiles as well. If they shoot well and feed through the magazine reliably.

Looking to have lots of fun with these two 'new' rifles. And also get the Greek MS 1903 shooting in 6.5x54 MS as well.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Edited by NitroX (20/01/19 04:38 PM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift - Two M-S's! [Re: Rothhammer1]
      #323485 - 20/01/19 04:19 AM

Quote:

I've found myself wondering who will inherit my Granddad's M1910 when I meet my demise. I've stayed single so far (might make it the whole way through as such), so it will likely go to my eldest brother or to my cousin Greg. He would be the male lineage down from G'pa (my mother's father). When G'pa died in '89, Greg was a young'n and G'ma knew that ol' John Easton was my favorite human and how much I appreciated the lore and history of the Mannlicher Schönauer (besides, I had asked her for it).

(Someday I've got to learn to 'resize' these.)

I have wondered that as well. Having no offspring of my own, and none of my nephew's/niece's being interested in shooting or hunting at all, and none of my cousins' kids seem interested either. It is a shame when a collection of firearms goes off to strangers at an estate auction rather than someone in the family or deserving. However seeing I have these two gifts, I think I will see they are passed on, oneday to someone worthy, and who will use them as they should be used.

Quote:

Looking at your photos I noticed that on the rifle pictured, the foresight is 'rebated' - mounted aft of the muzzle - as had been done on MS rifles prepared by some of the fine British smiths. With that and the full length stutzen stocks, were they custom ordered through Steyr or are they Westley Richards or such? When were they proofed and where? We'll anxiously await more detailed photos, proofs, etcetera.

Proofing per Rolf's email describing the firearms before exporting/importing:

Rifle in 8x56 Mannlicher Schönauer
Manufacturer stamp: Oesterr. Waffenfabr.-Ges. Steyr
Model: (stamped on receiver): Mannlicher Schönauer M 1908
Magazine: the famous rotary magazine which accepts 5 rounds
On the right side of the magazine is a small checkered knob. If the knob is pushed all cartridges in the magazine will be released and ejected.
Serial Number: 2874

Proof staps: nitro proof of Germany/Bavaria 8/04
(explanation: before I acquired the rilfe, there was an issue with too much headspace.
After correction of the problem the rifle was proofed again.

Rifle in 9,5x57 Mannlicher Schönauer
Manufacturer stamp: Oesterr. Waffenfabr.-Ges. Steyr
Model: (stamped on receiver): Mannlicher Schönauer M 1910
Magazine: 5 round rotary magazine
On the right side of the magazine is a small checkered knob. If the knob is pushed all cartridges in the magazine will be released and ejected.
Serial Number: 853

Proof staps: nitro proof of Germany/Bavaria 4/94

So proofed in Germany/Bavaria.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#323486 - 20/01/19 04:21 AM

BTW wouldn't I love to have a photo oneday of my 9.5mm and me in a pith helmet with a leopard ...

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#323489 - 20/01/19 05:11 AM

Quote:

The barrel lengths of my two 'new' rifles are :

8x56 MS - Steyr MS model 1908 - 52 cm / 20 1/2 inches

9.5x57 MS - Steyr MS model 1910 - 56 cm / 22 inches

By comparison the following barrel lengths of three other rifles:

Steyr M95 (straight pull) in 8x56 - 48.5 cm / 19 inches

Steyr Greek 1903 6.5x54 MS - 44 cm / 17 1/2 inches

Steyr probably model 1895 (Dutch) 6.5x53R - 43 cm / 17 inches

So the M1910 and M1908 still have shortish barrels at 52 to 56 cms but longer than the carbine length rifles.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Edited by NitroX (20/01/19 05:12 AM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#323490 - 20/01/19 05:16 AM

Quote:

Steyr M95 (straight pull) in 8x56 - 48.5 cm / 19 inches

Some questions for the experts on this rifle.

The Steyr M1895 straight pull, which country or countries used this rifle as a military rifle?

Also is the 8x56 mm the same cartridge as chambered in the Steyr model 1908 8x56 mm?

Lsstly, this rifle has sat in my gun safe as a safe queen for a number of years. I still have the original dealers tags attached to it, and there is a warning on one side "Do not remove the bolt !!!" I may have taken it out in the past, but is the straight pull bolt problematic to remove and replace back in the action? Just in case I haven't done it in the past and there is a technique to replace it back in the action.

Thanks.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

xausa
.400 member

Reged: 07/03/07
Loc: Tennessee, USA
      #323491 - 20/01/19 05:31 AM

As luck would have it, I acquired a pair of M-S carbines in the same calibers as yours last spring, so I had time to do some load development with them. Unfortunately this year was unusually bad for deer on my place, so I only had a chance to try the 9.5X56. It performed exceptionally well, accounting for two deer with only one shot. This was entirely unintentional on my part, but welcome just the same.

This is my 9.5X56 aka rimless .375 Nitro Express 2 1/4":

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#323525 - 20/01/19 04:17 PM

Quote:

The 9.5mm's set trigger does not function. At some point in the distant future I will get a competent gunsmith have a look at it and see if it can be restored.
The serial numbers on my two rifles are:

8x56 MS - Steyr MS model 1908 - SN2874

9.5x57 MS - Steyr MS model 1910 - SN853

What sort of age or manufacturers year would these serial numbers conrrespond to?

As previously mentioned both rifles are a lot longer than I expected.
For the 9.5mm, a 270 gr Round Nose, perhaps a Woodleigh Weldcore if they make RN's.

The single and double set triggers of the 'prewar' MS rifles and carbines interchange. If you can find an original 'prewar' MS trigger of either the single or DST in good condition (or new), it's a 'drop in' replacement.

To determine the age of your MS, go by the proof number. Disassemble the rifle using proper fitting (thin bladed) screwdrivers (see instructions below), look for this:

The example shown above (picture swiped from the 'net) was Austrian proofed (at Vienna) in 1907. On Austrian proofed examples the number after the 'period' is the last two digits of the year proofed.

On the rifle above the '39.' indicates a German proof of 1939. Examples built or reproofed during the German occupation of Austria, or Anschluss (1938 - 45) bear such marks.

Mannlicher Schönauer rifles and carbines were available, on custom order, in several barrel lengths.

Disassembly instructions (from Mannlicher Collector's Assoc.):

Dissasembly of a full stock Mannlicher Schönauer:

Remove the bolt by pressing the bolt stop on the left side of the receiver and pulling the bolt all the way clear.

Remove the magazine by pushing a wooden pencil against the hole in the aft end of the floor plate and rotating the floor plate 90 degrees

When you have the floor plate rotated, pull out on the magazine assembly and remove the magazine.

With a narrow screw driver, unscrew the screws that hold the trigger guard in place. Be sure to use screw drivers that match the slots in the screws!!!!

Rotate the trigger guard 90 degrees when removing the aft screw, then lift the trigger guard free. Under the trigger guard you gain access to the second action screw, the one at the rear end of the action, remove it, then go to the large action screw in front of the magazine.

The large action screw is removed as per any Mauser style receiver

Remove the forward sling swivel bail by unscrewing the bail from the stock

(A) Will have to remove the nose cap from the stock also. A very small screw and a very small piece. Be Very Careful here!!

Now, just tap the muzzle and all should fall out.

You have taken down your Mannlicher. Reassemble in reverse order.

Note, step (A) only applies to full stock examples. It is not necessary with a half stock rifle or carbine as neither has a nose cap.

Rothhammer1
.400 member

Re: A fantastic "Christmas" gift - Two M-S's! [Re: xausa]
      #323528 - 20/01/19 04:24 PM

Quote:

This is my 9.5X56 aka rimless .375 Nitro Express 2 1/4":

She's a beauty!

--------------------

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#323529 - 20/01/19 04:42 PM

Quote:

The single and double set triggers of the 'prewar' MS rifles and carbines interchange. If you can find an original 'prewar' MS trigger of either the single or DST in good condition (or new), it's a 'drop in' replacement.

Not a chance.

I think it might just need some minor adjustment. I am guessing it used to work. Perhaps even a clean? Maybe a build up of grease or oil? Or some adjustment screw shifted during shipment? Or some person fiddled with it somewhere along the route?

--------------------
John aka NitroX

xausa
.400 member

Reged: 07/03/07
Loc: Tennessee, USA
      #323532 - 20/01/19 11:05 PM

The take down pin in the fore end is (of course) missing and has been replaced by a bolt (rather cleverly). The EAW side mount is way too high for the stock comb. Evidently they make only one height slide for the mount. I ordered a lace on cheek piece from Cabelas, only to be told that it was out of stock. Hard to believe that such a big outfit would not have such a thing in one of their stores. I was virtually resting my chin on the comb of the stock when aiming. Bizarre!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11396

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com