Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: At a loss

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

Pages: 1
sparks1
.275 member

Reged: 16/03/13
Loc: USA
At a loss
      #246689 - 30/04/14 01:40 AM

My MC .308 carbine has a single trigger, adjustable. Once the bolt is cocked, if I push forward on the trigger it will fire. I have looked at diagrams of the trigger and do not see that I am missing any parts.

Adjusting the screw only increases or decreases the trigger pull. What am I missing here? It seems odd that pushing the trigger forward in a cocked position that the rifle will fire.

Thanks

--------------------
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Igorrock
.400 member

Reged: 01/03/07
Loc: Finland
Re: At a loss [Re: sparks1]
      #246693 - 30/04/14 02:00 AM

Could you take down yours rifle and take some good fotos of trigger assembly so solving yours problem would be much easier.

--------------------
http://promaakari.wordpress.com/

sparks1
.275 member

Re: At a loss [Re: Igorrock]
      #246700 - 30/04/14 04:13 AM

Just some additional information....My 1950 carbine has the same trigger, but will not do this. Parts are identical.
I do notice that the trigger guard on the 1950 does not allow the trigger to move forward, sort of capturing the forward movement of the trigger.

The MC does not "capture" forward movement of the trigger. AND, I notice some side to side play in the trigger. Now this one has a different TG, in that it is held in place by a wood screw to the stock at the rear. Remove the screw, pivot the TG aside to get at the rear action screw. There seems to be more of a gap in this TG at the front than on the 1950 model.

BTW...trigger guard is serialed same as the rifle.

Will see if photos can be taken.

--------------------

Ash
.400 member

Reged: 10/05/11
Loc: Australia
      #246714 - 30/04/14 06:44 AM

No experience with these but will ask:

It's not a single set trigger that has been adjusted too low, is it?

--------------------

sparks1
.275 member

Re: At a loss [Re: Ash]
      #246745 - 30/04/14 10:08 PM

No, not a set trigger. It is adjustable for pull only.

--------------------

PatagonHunter
.300 member

Reged: 20/01/06
Loc: Bariloche, Patagonia Argentina
Re: At a loss [Re: Ash]
      #246746 - 30/04/14 10:16 PM

Hello sparks,

I had for 5 years (and made a mistake selling it...)a beautiful M-Sch GK 7x46 with double triggers. Made in 1964. The last version of the M-Sch with the tang safety. It came with a Hensoldt Diavari 1,5-6x36 mounted in a lateral mount marked Gastinne-Renette. As good as the rifle and scopes, indeed!
The thing is I managed to find in the web a compleat single trigger and the corresponding plate. Starting in 1952 the M-Sch came with an interchangeable trigger sistem. So it can be used a double or a single trigger sistems. But, the single trigger plate, interchangeable with the double trigger mounted plate, has a gap in front of the trigger, gap that do permit to move the trigger forward, releasing the cocking piece and firing the gun! The 1950 M-Sch had the original, military origin, single trigger and trigger guard, where the front of the trigger has contact with the trigger guard, making impossible to move the trigger forward. The solution is as simple as to put a small steel piece filling that gap in the interchangeable trigger plate. The same situation is present in a Mauser M98 with a modified military double stage trigger to single stage, with certaing modifications. If the first stage is removed with a pin or a piece of steel from the front of the trigger, no problem because that safety measure is maintained. But if the first stage is removed in the trigger itself, the gap in front must be filled to keep the safety of the sistem.

Good luck!

PatagonHunter

sparks1
.275 member

Re: At a loss [Re: PatagonHunter]
      #246984 - 05/05/14 10:33 AM

PatagonHunter....very informative. I was aware of the choice for either single or double triggers, but thought they would include safety measures for each.

Thank you.

--------------------

PatagonHunter
.300 member

Reged: 20/01/06
Loc: Bariloche, Patagonia Argentina
      #246998 - 06/05/14 12:59 AM

Hello sparks1,

You welcome and good luck!

PH

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2621

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com