Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: New member

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Lee Speed Forum & Archive

Strathcona
.224 member

Reged: 02/03/17
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      03/03/17 10:15 AM

Hi guys

New to the forum. I am in Canada and was on HM Service for the last 27 years - now out to pasture!

I have been fond of these rifles for some time and was fortunate enough to come across this BSA commercial rifle the other week for a price that I could not say no to!

From what I can tell, the rifle was likely made in the early 1930's and is a 4C "Bush" pattern based on the barrel length.

I am currently working on re-setting the horn cap as it had clearly shrunk a bit over the years and while not cracked, was no longer sitting proper.

The butt toe was repaired at some point in this old girls history however I do not mind it as it seems to speak to the rifle's history. The receiver was also D&T for a scope mount at some point as well. I will try and find a scope mount for it but quite enjoy iron sights. Lastly, I am missing the front hood.

On the up shot, the barrel/receiver/bolt match and I believe the mag is also an original 10 round mag based on the #4 which is stamped on it twice (no military markings). The bore shows wear but not excessive as my Sierra 180gr spitzers seem to hang at the ogive when placed tip first into the muzzle.

I will be speaking with a stock reproducer this weekend and will see what the price would be to duplicate the stocks/fore end just in case!

For those that are interested, I have PDF copies of the 1909, 1912/14, and the 1930s catalogue. Not sure if there is a place to post these.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/eIAkBxW.jpg?1[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fq0CoEn.jpg?3[/img]

Regards, Colin

Edited by Strathcona (03/03/17 11:10 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* New member Strathcona 03/03/17 10:15 AM
. * * Re: New member leeenfield   03/03/17 11:28 AM
. * * Re: New member Strathcona   03/03/17 11:37 AM
. * * Re: New member DarylS   03/03/17 12:27 PM
. * * Re: New member Strathcona   03/03/17 12:36 PM
. * * Re: New member leeenfield   05/03/17 12:02 AM
. * * Re: New member Roy   04/03/17 07:01 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2167

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com