Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: First legally shot wolf in France

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1
ArnoldB
.300 member

Reged: 23/07/04
Loc: Uk
First legally shot wolf in France
      #135447 - 16/05/09 04:25 AM

Quote:

Voici un loup qui ne montrera plus les crocs.

Dans la nuit de samedi, à 1 h 15, le lieutenant de louveterie abattait l'animal sur les terres du Petit-Bornand-les-Glières (Haute-Savoie), alors qu'il s'était introduit dans le parc à moutons du plus gros éleveur de la commune. Le premier tir de prélèvement autorisé par le gouvernement depuis le 22 avril, et encadré par un arrêté préfectoral dans le département, a atteint sa cible.

Mais dans le village, les crocs, certains les ont encore. Un loup n'ayant pas assouvi leur faim de voir l'animal dans "des parcs nationaux" et non au cœur des troupeaux, ou à quelques mètres "des habitations".
Les chasseurs veulent une régulation

Et c'est justement parce que quasiment tout un village était sur les dents depuis le printemps dernier, à la suite des attaques répétées du loup sur les troupeaux et la faune sauvage, que la secrétaire d'État à l'Écologie, Chantal Jouanno, a saisi le conseil national pour la protection de la nature.

Trois mois après la mise en garde à vue d'un chasseur de la commune, poursuivi pour avoir tué un de ces canidés, l'autorisation d'un tir de prélèvement était acceptée. Et autorisée depuis mercredi soir, de jour comme de nuit, par le préfet, aux abords de deux troupeaux, déjà équipés d'un maximum de protection, mais victimes d'attaques depuis le début de la saison pastorale.

"Le tir réussi, ça va calmer le jeu dans un premier temps c'est sûr, reconnaît Marc Chuard, le maire de la commune, qui ne cachant pas sa position, relativise, ce n'est qu'un premier pas".

Qui devrait être le seul, pour l'instant. La régulation de l'espèce et la création d'un plan de chasse pour l'animal, au même titre que la faune sauvage, comme le réclame ardemment la fédération départementale des chasseurs, n'étant pas dans les petits papiers de la loi actuelle.

"Les chasseurs s'inquiètent d'une baisse de la faune sauvage, mais dans le schéma logique, observé dans les Alpes du sud et du Vercors, c'est un effet transitoire qui se révèle bénéfique. Elle repart à la hausse et une sélection naturelle s'effectue avec des animaux plus attentifs, Les loups mangent plus difficilement, et l'espèce se régule. Quand au cheptel domestique, il a toujours représenté 20 à 30 % de son alimentation", explique Éric Feraille, à la tête de la Frapna.

Et pour limiter les dégâts, ce tir doit réapprendre au loup la peur de l'homme. Sentir que l'approche d'un troupeau peut lui être fatale.

http://www.ledauphine.com/environnement-...;article=130476

Sorry that it is in French.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: First legally shot wolf in France [Re: ArnoldB]
      #135449 - 16/05/09 04:53 AM

Here is a wolf who will show no more crocs.

At night of Saturday, at 1 h 15, the first lieutenant of louveterie slaughtered the animal on the lands of Petit-Bornand-les-Glières (Haute Savoie), while he had got into the park to sheep of the biggest stockbreeder of the village. The first shooting of sample allowed by the government since April 22nd, and supervised by a bylaw in the department, attained its target.

But in the village, crocs, some people still have them. A wolf not having satisfied their hunger to see the animal in national parks " and not in the middle of herds, or in some metres " of houses ".
The hunters want a regulation

And it is precisely because practically whole village was on edge since last spring, following attacks repeated by the wolf on herds and wild fauna, which state secretary in Ecology, Chantal Jouanno, grabbed national advice for the protection of nature.

Three months afterwards the warning on sight of a hunter of the village, followed to have killed one of this Canidae, the approval of a shooting of sample was accepted. And allowed since Wednesday evening, of day as night, by the prefect, in the area around two herds, already equipped with a maximum of protection, but victims of attacks since the beginning of pastoral season.

" Shooting achieved, this is going to tranquilize game at first it is sure, acknowledges Mark Chuard, the mayor of the village, who not hiding his position, puts into perspective, it is only a first step ".

Who should be the only one, at the moment. The regulation of kind and creation of a plan of hunt for the animal, in the same capacity as wild fauna, as claims it passionately the departmental confederation of the hunters, not being in small papers of actual law.

" The hunters get worried about a fall of wild fauna, but in the logical schema, noticed in Alps of the south and Vercors, it is a transitional effect which turns out to be advantageous. It leaves again in increase and a natural selection is made with more attentive animals, The wolves eat more hardly, and kind regulates. When in the domestic livestock, it always represented 20 - 30 % of its feeding ", explains Éric Feraille, at the head of Frapna.

And to restrict damage, this shooting must re-learn the fright of the man to the wolf. Have a feeling that the approach of a herd can be fatal to him.

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Larcher??? First legally shot wolf in France [Re: 500Nitro]
      #135462 - 16/05/09 10:27 AM

Maybe Larcher can weigh in here.

A single wolf?

What about others. Article seems to indicate there is only one causing trouble?

Where have these things come from?

What do the French hunters have to say about wolves and game herds?

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: Larcher??? First legally shot wolf in France [Re: 9.3x57]
      #135464 - 16/05/09 10:46 AM

I'd like someone to do a better translation that the
one I posted and hopefully fill it out a bit with
some info from within France.

ArnoldB
.300 member

Reged: 23/07/04
Loc: Uk
Re: Larcher??? First legally shot wolf in France [Re: 500Nitro]
      #135466 - 16/05/09 10:54 AM

They come from Italy afaik.
There are brown bears to in the Pyrenees.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/5317690/French-Pyrenees-bad-news-bears.html

Edited by ArnoldB (16/05/09 10:56 AM)

larcher
.416 member

Reged: 11/01/05
Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
Re: Larcher??? First legally shot wolf in France [Re: 9.3x57]
      #136739 - 05/06/09 05:25 AM

sorry, I was on holiday.

I wasn't aware of this most rare event. The wolf is almost fully protected in France.
First of all, 500 Nitro is perfect, the translation is spotless.

This case is really incredible, for once the administration decided to have a wolf killed.

I know the place where I went skiing when younger. There farmers are poor and depend on herds of sheep or cattle...and mainly of skiers in winter.

i suppose that this very wolf was really a pest.
One can be very puzzled by the wolf living alone on his own. Most of the time, young animals go scouting around and pray on game and very few on sheep. When they have ascertain that the place is good, the animal join the pack back and bring the pack to the place. But the scouting young solitaries don't need many months to test a territory. This terrtiorial animal is atypical.
Off hand, the farmers there are no idiots. As soon as a wolf shows up, they are good at discreetly dispatching it. I can't officially say it, but often field police (gendarmerie) and game officers give a hand at badly bending the rule, wolf protection.
South of this place not far from the riviera, in the Mercantour region, the wolves are at home in this national park and lots of tourists are attracted hoping (in vain) to see a wolf.
Funny, the wolf in Mercantour help for business, but higher in the mountains, the administration allows to have an animal to be shot.

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: Larcher??? First legally shot wolf in France [Re: larcher]
      #136768 - 05/06/09 03:59 PM

I have no problems with the wolf if the super pc society is willing to pay full and without questions for any damage made from them. the urban people like the wolf, they have to pay for, very simple. and that is not only for sheep and cattle but also for local hunters who lost hunting game to the grey killer.
we will go a long way till it come back to understanding that the wolf have to manage and regulatet.
in germany we allways see young male's on the way for new territory. most times they are seeing first on great military shooting area's because there is "silence".

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2629

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com