Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 45autos& ammo

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
blackbearhunter
.333 member

Reged: 15/06/04
Loc: swamp
45autos& ammo
      #18864 - 03/09/04 07:38 PM

Will the round noseFMJ ball ammo feed better & be less likely to jam than other type of bullets in the 45auto?Whats the best 45auto pistol for the money?Ruger?Glock?colt?other?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
475Guy
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/03
Loc: Kali, US
Re: 45autos& ammo [Re: blackbearhunter]
      #18875 - 03/09/04 09:58 PM

Most 45's out there nowadays will feed almost anything. The day of 1911's not feeding anything but hardball is just about over. Everything seems to throated properly out of the box now. It would be prudent to test whatever loads that you prefer to check out feeding and break the pistola in. All my Springfields have fed everything right out of the box from 200 gr lead swc's to the infamous 200 gr jhp's known as the flying ashtray for defense. All of the pistols that you've mentioned will feed almost anything. It's just your personal preference as to pistol type and action.

--------------------
Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place among
them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

blackfoot
.224 member

Reged: 29/12/04
Loc: Maryland, USA
      #22823 - 29/12/04 06:15 PM

My opinion: Best .45 out there for the money, Ruger KP345, about 400 bucks new in most parts of the USA. Reliable, tough, and very doggone accurate. After that other Ruger autos, they're bulky, not pretty, so they've never been popular but they work well. And with a .45 you want a big boned gun. I like Smiths myself as well, 2nd or third generation autos (ex. 645, 4506, etc.), with a five inch barrel you're talking a very powerful weapon. I don't like Glocks for safety reasons. The light trigger on what's essentially a pre-cocked gun is just asking for accidents, in my opinion. I know good shooters (yes plural) who have had accidental discharges with them. They're good combat guns for SWAT teams and the military, not for civilian or regular police use. Plus I would think you're really pushing the frame limits with a .45 load. All just my two cents anyway

Pablo
.224 member

Reged: 09/04/05
      #39401 - 21/10/05 08:56 AM

Ruger P90. I like Black Hills 230gr JHPs, but there are others: Federal Hydra-Shok, Remington Golden Saber,.....The 230gr GI Ball is good practice ammo.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1853

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com