Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Requesting details on Blaser breech block s2 double rifle

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

doubleriflejack
.333 member

Reged: 11/11/07
Loc: Oregon, U.S.A.
Requesting details on Blaser breech block s2 double rifle
      24/10/10 05:23 AM

I have repeatedly looked, online, for detailed pictures with explanations of exactly how the Blaser S2 double rifle breech block fits together and functions, but have not been able to find much detail or explanation, only small pictures showing the action opened with breech block showing, but not showing much, and certainly not showing how it fits together and functions. I think that Merkel, and probably other makers too, on some of their models, use this same separate breech block system, that was originally developed prior to WWI by Jagaer of Germany. It allows for a substantially strong action to barrel fit up, able to withstand the highest of rifle breech pressures, even the .460 Weatherby caliber, since at least one German gunmaker made such rifles in this caliber, he wrote in Hatari Times magazine. Where can I find such good pictures/drawings and explanations of how that breech block fits into the cutouts in barrels and into the action, so I can understand the whole concept, which is quite radically different from other double rifle systems?

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Requesting details on Blaser breech block s2 double rifle doubleriflejack 24/10/10 05:23 AM
. * * Re: Requesting details on Blaser breech block s2 double rifle 450_366   24/10/10 05:44 AM
. * * Re: Requesting details on Blaser breech block s2 double rifle doubleriflejack   26/10/10 06:18 AM
. * * Re: Requesting details on Blaser breech block s2 double rifle DUGABOY1   27/10/10 03:23 AM
. * * Re: Requesting details on Blaser breech block s2 double rifl poprivit   26/10/10 06:43 AM
. * * Re: Requesting details on Blaser breech block s2 double rifl doubleriflejack   26/10/10 09:04 AM

Extra information
1 registered and 116 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4374

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com