Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Help,I need RWS ammo to check regulation on my dr

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

carpediem4570
.300 member

Reged: 28/06/08
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Help,I need RWS ammo to check regulation on my dr
      07/11/09 05:10 PM

I purchased a used A. Zoli side by side DR that came with the regulation target. The rifle was regulated using an RWS H-Mantel bullet weighing 16.7 grams, (258 grains +-) and regulated at 100 metres. The bullet holes are touching. It looks like one big ragged hole.

When I looked up the data on the RWS bullet, the 16.7 gram bullet is purported to be doing approximately 2460 feet per second.

I am told that this rifle may have been manufactured in the 1970's and I believe the RWS ammo in 9.3 H-Mantel was a steel jacketed bullet.

I have decided to start at square one by getting my hands on a box of RWS H-Mantel factory-loaded ammo. If the rifle regulates using the factory rounds, I have a point to start at. If it does not, then I have to re-think my options regarding this dr.

The problem is no one in Alberta, Canada offer RWS ammo. Can someone help by sending me a box of RWS H-Mantel 16.7 gram ammo, or put me in touch with a company that sells the requested box of ammo? Of course I am more than happy to send you the funds to cover the purchase as well as shipping and handling.

Does RWS still manufacture the H-Mantel using a steel jacket? All I see on the net is copper jacketed bullets. Would the copper have a different effect on regulating the gun if it were regulated using a steel jacketed bullet?

Kindest regards,

Carpediem

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-Chrdonnay in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Help,I need RWS ammo to check regulation on my dr carpediem4570 07/11/09 05:10 PM
. * * Re: Help,I need RWS ammo to check regulation on my dr Kalunga   08/11/09 01:28 AM
. * * Re: Help,I need RWS ammo to check regulation on my dr jwm   08/11/09 05:28 AM
. * * Re: Help,I need RWS ammo to check regulation on my dr carpediem4570   08/11/09 06:02 AM

Extra information
2 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4369

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com