Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: hornets nest

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

45s_save_lives
.224 member

Reged: 12/11/05
Loc: west by god virginia, currentl...
hornets nest
      16/12/05 08:35 AM

WOW I sure stirred up a hornets' nest with the post about speed shooting! I believe it was all in good sport though. I hope I did not offend anyone and I was unoffended myself, a little bit of good debating is stimulating. Although it seems that the topic got a little off track, but again thats ok too. I agree with the poster that said that military rifle training is a good foundation. But I need to mention that that only applies to Marine Corps personnel. I have been in both the USMC and the US Army and I can say for certain that the Armys marksmanship program is severly lacking. And the Air Force and navy dont even have one (no kidding). The USMC is the only one that uses no artificial support (except the sling), Shoots to 500 meters, and teaches prone, sitting, kneeling, standing, making wind calls, and plotting shots. The army just doesnt do this. They shoot to 300 meters off of sandbags, they do no rapid fire (forgot to mention that in the USMCs program), they do not teach how to plot shots, make windage/elevation adjustments, or to use a sling. All in all its a mediocre program I think. The Army has a "Designated Marksman Course that some soldiers take that is almost equivelant to the USMCS basic program. Also Craig Boddington freely admits to being an "average shot" hey at least he's honest. And the televised "contest" with the T/C and the bolt gun was pretty neat to watch. Again it was friendly. Boddington was definetly lightning with the T/C. Although Van Zwoll said that he never felt hindered by the speed of the action for making acurate shots. He said it was as fast as he was. Anyways good huntin'!

--------------------
Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* hornets nest 45s_save_lives 16/12/05 08:35 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1001

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com