Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Hammer Gun trends; Nitro & Black Question

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

iwantadouble
.300 member

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Gallatin County, Montana
Hammer Gun trends; Nitro & Black Question
      20/01/06 02:32 PM

While I have probably looked at 500+ doubles in the last year, the most interesting ones to me are the most elusive in the results I have come up for a general price structuring.

What do the trends tend to be running for a decent hammergun in say .500 BPE or .577 BPE? No best gun, but a name English maker, with good bores, barrels that could be re-blacked and mostly missing case colors? In example, a nice clean shooter.

How do the NE hammer guns stack up versus a boxlock or sidelock of the same quality name and condition for price? I am assuming these beauties are far rarer than their smokebelching breathren.

There is just something about the looks of a back action hammer double with an underlever that I find exceptionally sexy. Not that I do not find a sex appeal in either a boxlock or a sidelock, but they just don't seem as graceful to me as a hammer.

Hearing that Purdey is producing hammerguns again is great news, and for what I would have commissioned, I can expect the price to be roughly $120,000, but that does not help me get a mental picture on the pre-WW2 rifles.

--------------------
500 is a nice round number, either followed by "Nitro Express" or by "cubic inch displacement".

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Hammer Gun trends; Nitro & Black Question iwantadouble 20/01/06 02:32 PM
. * * Re: Hammer Gun trends; Nitro & Black Question CptCurlAdministrator   20/01/06 10:57 PM
. * * Re: Hammer Gun trends; Nitro & Black Question iwantadouble   22/01/06 05:17 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2352

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com