Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Craig Boddington and John Rigby

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Craig Boddington and John Rigby
      #18047 - 17/08/04 12:25 AM

Any connection?

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
new_guy
Sponsor

Reged: 10/08/04
Loc: Texas
Re: Craig Boddington and John Rigby [Re: NitroX]
      #18048 - 17/08/04 12:43 AM

I'm not sure why you're asking, but... I used to work for Petersen Publishing and at the time Craig did office with Geoff Miller - which was Rogue River at the time.

So I don't know that there was any professional association, but obviously there was a logistical one.

--------------------
www.heymUSA.com

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: Craig Boddington and John Rigby [Re: new_guy]
      #18059 - 17/08/04 03:16 AM

Boddington has an office in Millers building and I think they are good friends. I've never read an article by him abut Rogue River or Rigby that didn't leave Hickeys on Miller's Ass.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

500grains
.416 member

Reged: 16/02/04
Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Re: Craig Boddington and John Rigby [Re: mickey]
      #18087 - 17/08/04 01:18 PM

Just to be fair to "Plain Old Craig" or "POC" for short (not be confused with 'Brigadier General Boddington" since Congress did not elevate him to that rank yet), but Craig advertises for Krieghoff. Or at least he did for a while.

Somebody wrote an article about the new Rigby for SCI magazine. Was that POC or somebody else?

Marrakai
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: Darwin, Top End of Australia
Re: Craig Boddington and John Rigby [Re: 500grains]
      #18094 - 17/08/04 07:02 PM

Boddington has done two articles for DGJ that I know of. One is called something like "The Guard Changes at Rigby's..", which followed on from his article about Rogue River Rifleworks perhaps two years before. Dunno about SCI publications, but I'm sure he would have spread the 'good word' around! Certainly agree with Mickey's last comment!

(I will post the correct references to the DGJ articles in a couple of days if no-one beats me to it: they are at work and I will be on the swamps for goose-opening tomorrow rather than at the desk.)

--------------------
Marrakai
When the bull drops, the bullshit stops!
--------------------------------
www.marrakai-adventure.com.au

nitro476
.300 member

Reged: 21/10/04
Re: Craig Boddington and John Rigby [Re: NitroX]
      #20092 - 28/10/04 10:25 AM

Craig used to be a very nice, down to earth fellow who was very friendly and helpful. He began to get a lot of press and his ego became very inflated. I asked him to give a presentation to our Safari Club group and he accepted. I was the founding president at the time and did know him personally. He did a great job and the members enjoyed his presentation on Africa. It is too bad that people seem to be very impressed with themselves at certain times in life.

nitro476
.300 member

Reged: 21/10/04
Re: Craig Boddington and John Rigby [Re: mickey]
      #20093 - 28/10/04 10:27 AM

Well put Mick!

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: Craig Boddington and John Rigby [Re: nitro476]
      #20363 - 02/11/04 08:44 AM

It's funny how sour the grapes get, when you find they are out of reach!

Gentelmen, it is so easy to run some-one down,without anything in the way of facts, it hardly seems worth the writing, and certainly not worth the reading! TSK TSK!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

450Dakota
.300 member

Reged: 18/03/04
Loc: California, USA
Re: Craig Boddington and John Rigby [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #20370 - 02/11/04 01:27 PM

Well put DugaBoy, I am alway's surprised and disapointed at the many here that I have such admiration for who seem to have a permanant hard-on for Boddington.. Years ago at an NRA convention, I met an older gentleman who talked with me for at least 45 minutes about Africa and how the country runs thru your veins once you've hunted there.. I assured him over and over again I'll never be able to go there, he was not to be persauded otherwise.. Years Later I saw Peter Capstick in his hunting video's and I jumped outa my seat and yelled thats the guy.. Almost the same experiance with plain ole Craig at SCI Reno, next thing I know a gentleman leans next to me and starts talking to me about the fantastic double I was drooling over but afraid to touch.. (No, it wasn't a Rigby) I thanked him as he walked away.. My friend who was observing as he was returning with the drinks. Wanted to know what Craig Boddington wanted.. They all are human and have good and bad day's just like the rest of us. Are they saints or hero's? No, I don't think so. Disagreement I can understand and welcome, Venom thats seen here is very disapointing.. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth..

450Dakota

Bakes
.375 member

Reged: 31/01/03
Loc: QLD
Re: Craig Boddington and John Rigby [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #20378 - 02/11/04 07:24 PM

In reply to:

Gentelmen, it is so easy to run some-one down,without anything in the way of facts

Yeah its great hey .....we do it with Steve Irwin all the time . Have to say however I like Craigs articles....Steve is a wanker but.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Craig Boddington and John Rigby [Re: 450Dakota]
      #20385 - 03/11/04 12:50 AM

450Dakota

I like it when these guys carry on like normal and don't play the "celebrity" image. And for both of these guys they seem to always be like that for those who have met them.

I put up the original question to see if anyone confirmed something I had heard. No one has .

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3191

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com