Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Tell me about Armes-Pierre-Artisan doubles

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
Dr_Deer
.300 member

Reged: 23/02/09
Loc: Australia
Tell me about Armes-Pierre-Artisan doubles
      #145894 - 14/11/09 08:58 PM

Recently discovered that this make is now being imported into Australia by Xtek http://www.xtek.com.au/XTEK_Sporting.htm

Anyone shot one? Any experiences good, bad or ugly...?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
400NitroExpress
.400 member

Reged: 26/11/03
Loc: Lone Star State
Re: Tell me about Armes-Pierre-Artisan doubles [Re: Dr_Deer]
      #145902 - 15/11/09 01:51 AM

Shot a Fontainebleu I in 9.3X74R six weeks ago. A friend had been approached about importing them here, and this one was the first to arrive.

This is not the same as the other Chapuis. This rifle was a conventional single hook boxlock. It appeared pretty much as illustrated in the catalog in the link, but had a long top tang over the nose of the comb.

This rifle was really remarkably well finished for the price range. Lovely wood, single trigger, non-ejector. Petite. Can't remember for sure, but I think it was just under 6.75 lbs with 22" barrels.

We had a half box of factory Norma Oryx 286 grain, plus a half box of factory Hornady 286 grain. My friend loaded two Norma and fired both barrels at water jugs at 25 yards. As the gun opened, the spent case fell out of the right barrel, and a separated case head fell out of the left. Took a while to get the rest of the case out of the left barrel, but a tight brush finally turned the trick.

I then fired two of the Hornady rounds. Both extracted just fine. However, when I removed the fired case from the left barrel, the last half inch or so of the head end was clearly cock-eyed. Same with the right, although less so. After careful inspection, it was clear that both chambers were crooked. That was the end of the shooting.

This one obviously had a QC problem, which was surprising given the excellent quality otherwise. Disappointing, but hopefully this one was not representative.

--------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Dutch44
.275 member

Reged: 23/02/06
Loc: Missouri
Re: Tell me about Armes-Pierre-Artisan doubles [Re: 400NitroExpress]
      #146214 - 19/11/09 11:46 AM

400NE:
What was the price range of these rifles if you know? Curious as to the availability of calibers and length of tubes. Not quite sufficient info on their site.

Dutch

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4747

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com