Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Indian gun websites

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Indian gun websites
      #15130 - 24/05/04 07:58 AM

I just received the following links from a friend in India and thought I'd post them here for members who may be interested in knowing about the shooting scene in India. Some of the biggest Indian gun shops are not listed but the ones here are at least to be commended for taking the "modern" approach of putting up their own websites. The prices of guns sold there, however, my range from high to very high by Western standards and a lot of bargaining may be in order.

http://www.ranchigunhouse.com/
http://www.gunaccessory.com/ believe it or not, an Indian gun auctions site like a very miniature gunbroker or auctionarms

www.curioushouse.com India's oldest gunmaker still in existence and a supplier of muzzle loaders to several Hollywood companies for films. They are also fine people whom I don't know but have had extensive communication with on e-mail as well as a number of catalogues of their products in my mailbox for someone who may be interested in guns that are not listed on their site.

That said, I don't have any commercial link whatsoever with any of the companies here and came to know of the first two only ten minutes ago.

Good hunting!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
500grains
.416 member

Reged: 16/02/04
Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Re: Indian gun websites [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #15180 - 25/05/04 08:28 AM

I am glad to see that there is still gun ownership and shooting in India, although in a country as large as India it is disappointing that there is not more of it.

RLI
.375 member

Reged: 01/10/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: Indian gun websites [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #15188 - 25/05/04 09:13 PM

I see on these sites a rifle described as SPT rifle which looks like a SMLE sporterised but the calibre is described as .315"/8mm with a 244 grain projectile, is this a .303 British necked up? I have not heard of this calibre does any one one know about this one?
RLI

--------------------
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." — John Wayne

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Re: Indian gun websites [Re: RLI]
      #15202 - 26/05/04 01:05 AM

RLI

The 318 IOF (Indian Ordnance Factory) round was a concoction of the Indian government's when all military calibers were banned along with rifles in calibers larger than 8 mm in 1984. It is an 8mm bullet in a 303 case and the rifles made for it are on the Lee Enfield action. It is a very popular round in Central India.

Fortunately, the Supreme Court recently threw out the caliber bans and perhaps, that is why the big bore rifles are coming out again from gun shops. Now the number of guns law is being contested - we are allowed only three guns on a license - a rifle, a shotgun and a revolver or pistol. I hope the Supreme Court throws that out too.

Good hunting!

--------------------

Mehul Kamdar

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Re: Indian gun websites [Re: 500grains]
      #15208 - 26/05/04 01:59 AM

500 Grains,

There are many people who would like to shoot and hunt in India but we have highly restrictive gun laws, too many people (1.1 billion in an area less than 1/3 of the US) and practically no animals to hunt bar pigs, rabbit and some small game on crop protection permits. Target shooting is very popular though but it has been hampered by an import ban on guns. Recently, however, ISU competition guns have been freely allowed to members of any rifle club.

Yes, there could be considerable improvement but the glorious days of Indian hunting are long over

--------------------

Mehul Kamdar

Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2117

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com