Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Some shotgun action to DR questions

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

Matabele
.300 member

Reged: 16/09/10
Loc: Zimbabwe
Some shotgun action to DR questions
      28/01/13 11:00 PM

Hi all,

I dropped by a couple of gun dealers near me and had a look at their shotguns to see if there was anything that might make a good donor gun for a DR conversion. I found a really nice little .410 Bernadelli S/S (snap underlever) which I might buy anyway. However its one of those typical .410's that hinges at the hinge pin to fold almost in half, i.e. you cant remove the barrels from the action without driving out the hinge pin. So do you know if it would be suitable for a conversion to .22 LR or .22 Hornet?

The other action is a "Belgian Manufacture" 20 gauge S/S, no makers name although it has the made in Belgium engraved on the barrels. The engraving looks pretty good, it has side clips, Greener cross bolt, reinforced fences/root and the action still shows traces of colour casing. Seems like it was a nice gun in its day although the woodwork has def looked better. It seems to me to still be on face and locks up tightly though. The barrles however are quite badly pitted. What do you think the most suitable calibre would be for this action? Could I get a .303 Brit or 6.5x53R out of it or would a less intense calibre be reccomended like 30-30?

I have Ellis Browns book but he doesnt cover these questions, unless I missed it.

Any input appreciated, thanks!

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Some shotgun action to DR questions Matabele 28/01/13 11:00 PM
. * * Re: Some shotgun action to DR questions twobobbwana   10/05/13 02:34 PM
. * * Re: Some shotgun action to DR questions Matabele   12/05/13 03:46 AM
. * * Re: Some shotgun action to DR questions Birdhunter50   16/05/13 12:39 AM
. * * Re: Some shotgun action to DR questions Rhodes   16/05/13 07:35 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2627

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com