Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Regulation Calculation

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

Mauser416
.300 member

Reged: 20/06/07
Loc: Corpus Christi, Texas
Regulation Calculation
      04/05/11 11:05 PM

I am in the process of acquiring my first double so I frequently hang out around here to pick up tips and learn what I can. I have often heard people ask about utilizing a bullet weight other than the weight used for regulation. From what I have gleaned the amount of time the bullet spends in the barrel affects point of impact down range. I would suppose that bullet weight also affects POI as more or less mass would impart more or less "force" on the barrel for the given time.

Does anyone know of a calculation which would allow one to determine the "in barrel" residence time and or "force" necessary for a bullet weight other than regulated weight? Maybe with some help from apps such as QuickLoad this could provide a closer starting point for "re-regulation" should someone decide to change bullet weights.

Maybe a better question would be to ask if it is possible to get close to the desired convergence at the desired range with a bullet weight other than regulated weight? Elevation differences should be much simpler to take care of if this becomes a concern.

Eric

--------------------
There is nothing worse in this world than an enslaved man who naively believes himself free, except, perhaps, trying to explain to that same man his predicament.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Regulation Calculation Mauser416 04/05/11 11:05 PM
. * * Re: Regulation Calculation Birdhunter50   07/05/11 10:31 PM
. * * Re: Regulation Calculation Mauser416   10/05/11 01:29 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1345

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com