Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Water Buffalo

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Bowhunting + Bows, Spears & Knives

alexbeer
.333 member

Reged: 10/04/08
Loc: Tasmania, Australia
Water Buffalo
      28/10/08 09:40 PM

Hello all,

Well I've finally got the opportunity to hunt a buffalo in the Northern Territory (Australia) with my bow .
Come mid 2009 two mates and myself will travel north and hopefully get into a few of these big bovines.

My bow is a 70lb Bowtech Tomcat. It's set up at the moment to shoot Carbon Tech Whitetail hunters and 125grain Outback broadheads. Shoots them really well too, if I do my part right, I can average 5 arrows into 3-4 inches at 40 yards.

I've taken goats, pigs, fallow deer and small game with the bow, but this will be the first time chasing a buff.

I guess I will need a heavier arrow so my questions are thus: What arrow set-up (make and weight) and broadhead (make and weight) would you out there who have done this sort of thing before, suggest? What fletching (I put my own arrows together)

Any-other advice would be most welcome too. I really don't want to screw this up . I want more than just adequate penetration, I want heaps of penetration, and still have about an 1-1/4 cut. Is this possible?

I think I should be pretty right on shot placement, I've shot a few buff with a rifle and a handgun before, but if you have any arrow placement gems you would like to share, I'll certainly listen.

Regards

Alex

--------------------

Details matter!

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Water Buffalo alexbeer 28/10/08 09:40 PM
. * * Re: Water Buffalo Der_Jaeger   28/10/08 10:16 PM
. * * Re: Water Buffalo GOE   20/03/09 03:15 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2309

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com