Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: the secret world of the japanese swordsmith

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Bowhunting + Bows, Spears & Knives

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
the secret world of the japanese swordsmith
      #371896 - 01/12/22 08:12 PM

the secret world of the japanese swordsmith
kore kojitsu
Views
16 Oct
Documentary from 1997
©1997 Troivision Co., Ltd/Warabe No Mori Co., Ltd. kobayashi dldg, 4-7 Yotsuya Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo Japan

The Japanese sword is the soul of the Samurai. The crafting of this work of art - which embodies beauty, strength and tradition - has been shrouded in secrecy for more than thousand years.
Because of the highly advanced techniques and numerous years of dedicated effort required in crafting Japanese swords, the skill has always been a closely kept and jealously guarded secret.
Yohindo Yoshihara is a consummate Japanese swordsmith and a very high regarded Mukansa craftman in Japan. He is also the best-known Japanes swordsmith outside of Japan.
His masterpieces have been purchased for exhibit by the Metropolitan Museum of art in New York City and the Museum of fine Arts in Boston. He has numerous fans worldwide, including His Royal highness, king Gustav of Sweden.
This video has been produced to appeal to all aficionados of Japanese sword around the world and is a treasure trove of sercrets to Yohindo Yoshihara's truly outstanding Japanese sword craftsmanship.

https://youtu.be/gxwWf-MfZVk

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
The Last Master Swordsmiths In Japan and His Last Disciple [Re: NitroX]
      #371897 - 01/12/22 08:23 PM

The Last Master Swordsmiths In Japan - Master And His Last Disciple - Katana Documentary
I Love Docs
Views
3 Jun
The traditional Katana crafting technique still lives on in modern Japan. For 5 years, the disciple has no salary, and no days off, completely devoted to the training. Even under these tough circumstances, there are a handful of young disciples who choose this lifestyle. This is the story of the unbreakable bond between a master swordsmith and his last disciple.

https://youtu.be/1y_aoK0ZcB4

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: The Last Master Swordsmiths In Japan and His Last Disciple [Re: NitroX]
      #371899 - 01/12/22 10:02 PM

Amazing technology!

450_EXPRESS
.333 member

Reged: 04/01/09
Loc: S.C.Montana
Re: The Last Master Swordsmiths In Japan and His Last Disciple [Re: 93x64mm]
      #372001 - 04/12/22 03:29 AM

I got pulled into the Japanese sword back in '92 when a friend talked me in to checking out an Aikido dojo. I always found the swords interesting and once I understood just a bit I was grabbed by them. Very, very interesting field of study. In my opinion they're one of the top examples of functional art

sharps4590
.300 member

Reged: 09/03/16
Loc: Missouri Ozarks
Re: The Last Master Swordsmiths In Japan and His Last Disciple [Re: 450_EXPRESS]
      #372136 - 09/12/22 02:03 AM

Dad brought back what we have learned is, we think, a Nipponese Naval officer's sword from the 1930's. There is no heroic story to go with it. Dad didn't get to Nippon until 1947. He was too young by a couple years to be in WWII but did suffer through Korea for 16 months. I knew that and asked him where and how he got it. To a little boy whose Dad was his hero the answer was a bit of a let down but, didn't change anything. He told me he bought it in a pawn shop in Yokohama. It resides in my gun safe and will go to my oldest son.

--------------------
Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John14:6

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1214

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com