Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Blast-from-past--- Cogswell-and-Harrison-Konor

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Shotguns

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Blast-from-past--- Cogswell-and-Harrison-Konor
      #319178 - 19/08/18 12:04 PM

https://www.fieldandstream.com/blast-from-past-cogswell-and-harrison-konor

SOME OF THE ARTICLE:

Founded in London in 1770 by Benjamin Cogswell, Cogswell and Harrison is now London’s oldest surviving gunmaker, at 248 years old. The company still makes bespoke high-end doubles today while importing more modestly priced shotguns and rifles from Italy.

This is my favorite shotgun for flushing birds, an English Cogswell & Harrison Konor 12 gauge, with double triggers and ejectors. With 26-inch open-choked barrels, it is a 6.5 pound delight. It was special ordered by a Mr. Hobden and crafted to his specifications. He took delivery at the maker's London showroom on Picadilly Street in December, 1958, according to the factory letter that accompanies the shotgun. The history of the shotgun after it left the showroom is unknown to me until I purchased it in 2012 from a Texas gun dealer. Mr. Hobden must have been about my size and stature since the shotgun fits me perfectly, and at a fraction of the cost of a new custom double. I can hardly wait for the Wisconsin fall bird season to begin once again! The shotgun is featured on page 85 of the book, “Cogswell & Harrison: Two centuries of Gunmaking,” by Cooley and Newton.

How great to be able to look your own gun up in the Cogswell and Harrison book! Keep the old gun pictures coming to fsgunnuts@gmail.com.

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 977

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com