Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Belted Rigby case

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Indybuster
.224 member

Reged: 18/04/12
Loc: Idaho
Belted Rigby case
      21/06/12 06:53 AM

I've been stirring the pot, about buying a set of case forming dies. I want to put a belt onto the Rigby case. I want to use this in a L.H. Rem. M 700 that's a 338 RUM at present. I think using the Weatherby belted case will force me to butcher my receiver. But swaging a belt into the Rigby case, would make it's swaged down body very close to the .550" UltraMag's diameter.

Has anyone done this? My goal is to make up a belted rimless express cartridge, in one of the fifty caliber variations. It would fall in between the rimmed Uberti 50-95 and the WWG 50 Alaskan. I want to get off follow up shots quicker than I can with my right handed M-98 .416 Wildcat rifle. So it can't kick too hard. I want a short case that I can load to 95% density, and still have manageable recoil, with a heavy for caliber bullet. This bullet can't shrink, and should plow right on through any West Cape Animal, including a bull Eland. Obviously a Cape Buffalo is a different story.

Hunting in a High Rack, and shooting left handed, means you have to keep your two rifles with empty chambers, and un-cocked, as your P.H. has to climb up the side ladder, looking straight down both muzzles. My light rifle is a L H Ruger MKII in 270. But I took Federal ammo with 110 Barnes, and so my P.H. wouldn't let me shoot anything bigger than about 150 lbs. with it. But it was a lot quicker, to bring to bear, shooting left handed.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Belted Rigby case Indybuster 21/06/12 06:53 AM
. * * Re: Belted Rigby case CommandCar   22/06/12 01:09 AM
. * * Re: Belted Rigby case hubel458   22/06/12 09:56 AM
. * * Re: Belted Rigby case terlingua   03/07/12 03:46 AM
. * * Re: Belted Rigby case CommandCar   21/06/12 08:55 AM
. * * Re: Belted Rigby case tophet1   21/06/12 09:46 AM
. * * Re: Belted Rigby case DarylS   21/06/12 09:50 AM
. * * Re: Belted Rigby case eagle27   21/06/12 04:50 PM

Extra information
3 registered and 106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4035

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com