Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: CZ 550 American Safari Stock Question

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Sharptail
.224 member

Reged: 11/11/05
Loc: Edmonton, Ab., Ca.
CZ 550 American Safari Stock Question
      26/11/05 09:59 AM

The 550's propensity to split its stock is well known. The 550 American Safari Magnum in question came with a test target dated May of this year. The action is held to the stock with the usual 2 bolts, but a third bolt is added to the fore end of the stock, bolting into a lug on the barrel directly underneath the rear sight. The manual which accompanies the rifle illustrates a single cross bolt at the rear of the action, which is absent on the American pattern, but still seems to be present on the classic European (humpback) stock. The manual does not illustrate the barrel bolt.

Bolting the barrel to the stock seems an unusual design to me. Has CZ has been building them this way since the American was introduced? Is this pattern equally as likely to split the stock as the old pattern? Please forgive the questions, but I can find no pictures on the internet which show the underside of the fore end of the American pattern stock.

I have not shot the rifle yet, and have no intention of doing so until the action is properly bedded. Does the addition of the barrel bolt require anything special during the bedding process? Are there any tricks for accuracy that I should know about? (Don't tell me to free - float the barrel, please ).

Thank you in advance for any information or opinions you have to offer.

Sharptail

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* CZ 550 American Safari Stock Question Sharptail 26/11/05 09:59 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1212

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com