Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: new Westley Richards website

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1
simonsaorsa
.300 member

Reged: 11/05/06
Loc: UK
new Westley Richards website
      #115820 - 29/09/08 08:00 AM

Westley Richards of Birmingham,England have anew website at www.westleyrichards.co.uk. Check it out, some delicious doubles and mauser rifles, plus some far too gaudy , and of course shotguns too.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Re: new Westley Richards website [Re: simonsaorsa]
      #115831 - 29/09/08 12:49 PM

I can understand a company's blowing its own trumpet on its website, but the bit here about building the "best" bolt action rifles in the world is ridiculous enough to bring out a belly laugh. There are enough people who would disagree with the other claims made about double rifles as well - with several matches for double rifles having come up in Germany, Australia and the USA, I can't recall a new Westley Richards having won a single one.

Good guns, I am sure, but the epitome of fine gunmaking? B0110cks.

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

Paul
.400 member

Reged: 28/08/07
Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Re: new Westley Richards website [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #115838 - 29/09/08 02:12 PM

I found the new website less informative than the old one - esp. in regard to used rifles. Maybe I'm holding my mouth wrong but they seem to be saying they don't have any.

gatsby
.375 member

Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: inland valley CA USA
      #115840 - 29/09/08 02:39 PM

No harm in puffing your own product but it is too bad they have so few firearms listed.

--------------------
"Recoil is insignificant when there is a tiger on the head of your elephant" The Maharaja of Cooch Behar

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: new Westley Richards website [Re: simonsaorsa]
      #115846 - 29/09/08 03:22 PM

Quote:

Westley Richards of Birmingham,England have anew website at www.westleyrichards.co.uk. Check it out, some delicious doubles and mauser rifles, plus some far too gaudy , and of course shotguns too.

Thanks. Will do.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Huvius
.416 member

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: Colorado
      #115857 - 29/09/08 11:53 PM

Quote:

I can understand a company's blowing its own trumpet on its website, but the bit here about building the "best" bolt action rifles in the world is ridiculous enough to bring out a belly laugh.

Really, there is no appreciable difference between a WR, Holland, Purdey or any other English best maker. So, their claim of "best in the world" is as legit as any other's.

The animal on the floorplate of the bolt gun looks like a sable with ibex horns. Hippotragus Ibex, or Capra Niger?

--------------------
He who lives in the past is doomed to enjoy it.

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Re: new Westley Richards website [Re: Huvius]
      #115864 - 30/09/08 01:45 AM

The period when the Brits made the best guns in the world has long been dead. There are several gunmakers on the Continent who make superb guns and with modern steels and embellishment that the Brits couldn;t dream of offering. This is not to say that their products are bad but that quality and performance does not stay static. Any list of the best gunmakers would have to have names from Ferlach, Liege, Suhl etc if it were to be honest. In bolt action rifles there are US and SOuth African makers as well who are more than the equal of anything in the UK.

In that sense the claim on the W-R website is a stupid one. Best in the world? Sure! After all, they say so themselves.

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

JabaliHunter
.400 member

Reged: 16/05/07
Loc: England
      #115960 - 30/09/08 09:38 PM

Very nice website, although the old one was good too. Perhaps saying that no 2nd hand rifles are available is a way of retaining an air of exclusivity to distinguish themselves from other sellers? I don't believe that they sold all their rifles in the past month - not in the current climate unless it was to another dealer.

Honestly, saying WR double rifles are not as good as others is like saying that you don't like your Audi A8 because its not as good as a Rolls Royce Phantom! The phantom may be more of a work of art, but is it a better car? Its a personal choice. Make no mistake, WR best doubles are stunning! JMHO

I agree about alot of Brit bolt rifles though, but I'm not aware of any SA rifles that are better. I would still pick a H&W though... Still personal

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 104 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2548

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com