Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Hunt Pictures from Member Pierre Pretorius

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Hunt Pictures from Member Pierre Pretorius
      25/02/09 12:15 PM

I am posting pictures from new member Pierre Pretorius' hunt in his beautiful country, South Africa, last year. Pierre contacted me after I posted a link to Danie Joubert's website. He owns several Joubert rifles and has some more lovely guns whose pictures are in the pictures below. From his e-mail:

"Thank you for the kind response and encouragement to post pictures of my guns. I am fortunate enough to have a few that would be of interest to members but first need to get decent photo's and learn to post them. I was very tempted to post photo's of my Westley Richards .303 double after seeing the superb photo's of a similar rifle by CptCurl. Mine does not have the same level of engraving and has seen a bit more use with most of the colour worn away - but made in 1898 it is of superb quality and in untouched original condition. I include a photo from a hunt with doubles myself and a few close friends did last year - unfortunately the very bright South African sun around midday is not ideal as far as lighting go but here it is:

On the photo's below we are "posing" on the first day of the hunt:

I am in the middle with a H&H backaction .303. The rifles to my left (looking at the photo) is a Rigby sidelever .303 and a Jeffery .450/400 while to my right my cousin has the above Westley .303 and the one on the far right is a H&H .577 BP hammergun. The pleasure of hunting with these fine rifles and friends who appreciate them is priceless - let me know if ever you are tempted."

Frankly, I do not see why anyone who has lovely rifles like he does would hesitate to show them off! Please enjoy the pictures and wait for Pierre to post more information shortly.

Good hunting, everyone!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

Edited by mehulkamdar (25/02/09 12:21 PM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Hunt Pictures from Member Pierre Pretorius mehulkamdar 25/02/09 12:15 PM
. * * Re: Hunt Pictures from Member Pierre Pretorius Ripp   25/02/09 08:06 PM
. * * Re: Hunt Pictures from Member Pierre Pretorius AspenHill   26/02/09 04:31 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1971

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com