Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Bunny Allen - The Wheel of Life.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
Bunny Allen - The Wheel of Life.
      04/01/07 09:31 PM

Having recently finished Bunny Allens book; The Wheel of Life, I was quite suprised that virtually the whole book revolved around his womanizing, and had very little hunting content in it. I can't help but wonder how much was true, and how much was made up. Some of the stories were kind of hard to believe, such as an instance were his client couple was attacked by ants, and Bunny claims to have ended up screwing the wife while the husband was basically stuck in the mud right next to the tents!?!?!?

There were quite a few inconsistencies that seemed kind of odd throughout the book, making me wonder how much was a product of his own fantasy, in order to make himself and his stories more interesting.

I suspect that if half the stories were true, that he wouldn't have survived for very long. Considering that many jealous husbands rifles would very likely have had an "accidental discharge" right into his head while out hunting!

With that said, Bunny Allen certainly led an unusual and interesting life, and I must admit that reading his book brought back a few fond memories of the regions he lived and operated in. It also gave a tiny bit of insight into non-hunting life back in those times, which was nice too. I am sure he would have been an interesting character to have met in person.

Over all though, I was not very impressed with this book.

Erik

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Bunny Allen - The Wheel of Life. EricD 04/01/07 09:31 PM
. * * Re: Bunny Allen - The Wheel of Life. mudbug   06/01/07 04:50 PM
. * * Re: Bunny Allen - The Wheel of Life. allenday   06/01/07 08:36 AM
. * * Re: Bunny Allen - The Wheel of Life. DUGABOY1   08/01/07 03:33 AM
. * * Re: Bunny Allen - The Wheel of Life. butchloc   05/01/07 07:25 AM
. * * Re: Bunny Allen - The Wheel of Life. NitroXAdministrator   05/01/07 09:50 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 48 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2401

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com