Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Massive croc seen with human body in mouth..

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Massive croc seen with human body in mouth..
      #334728 - 22/11/19 07:22 PM

https://sauncut.co.za/video-massive-croc-seen-with-human-body-seen-on-zambezi-river/

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Massive croc seen with human body in mouth.. [Re: Ripp]
      #334742 - 23/11/19 04:47 AM

grizzly

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: Massive croc seen with human body in mouth.. [Re: DarylS]
      #334751 - 23/11/19 09:36 AM

We're just tucker to them!

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Massive croc seen with human body in mouth.. [Re: 93x64mm]
      #334754 - 23/11/19 01:17 PM

Quote:

We're just tucker to them!

Yep and probably happens more than we think.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Massive croc seen with human body in mouth.. [Re: Rule303]
      #334760 - 23/11/19 02:36 PM

Not a pleasant sight to see. The video takes too long to load for me, seen the beginning of this video on a different site.

Part of nature. Carnivores can be man eaters. And not a pleasant way to go. And grizzly and awful for the poor persons finding the remains. Especially if they knew the person.

Was probably far more common in the past than today. Still I imagine quite common in Africa.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: Massive croc seen with human body in mouth.. [Re: NitroX]
      #334766 - 23/11/19 10:57 PM

yes its horrible but safe the pic here, its in the internet now and will be there so it can be here
as a reminder to stay away from water in crocodile land

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Huvius
.416 member

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: Colorado
Re: Massive croc seen with human body in mouth.. [Re: lancaster]
      #334768 - 24/11/19 01:39 AM

My bet I’d that the man drowned and the croc found him.
I’m not expert at how or if skin slips under water but it sure does in the air and this corpse has a lot of skin slip.
Could even be a murder victim tossed to the crocs!

Just did a little reading and skin slippage is accelerated under water so very well likely drowned first.

--------------------
He who lives in the past is doomed to enjoy it.

lancaster
.470 member

Re: Massive croc seen with human body in mouth.. [Re: Huvius]
      #334779 - 24/11/19 06:19 AM

thinking the same, drowned and the croc found him

--------------------

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
      #334780 - 24/11/19 06:22 AM

Quote:

thinking the same, drowned and the croc found him

Funny, but also thought the same when I posted the story.. sadly now he is being taxied around by a croc..

My bet is he drowned or was murdered..

My last trip to Zim, a younger gentleman lost his life to a croc, so it does happen.. but.....

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

lancaster
.470 member

Re: Massive croc seen with human body in mouth.. [Re: Ripp]
      #334797 - 24/11/19 05:27 PM

the body missed one arm so muthi/ medicine murder is possible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_for_body_parts

"Medicine murder (not to be confused with "medical murder" due to medical negligence) means the killing of a human being in order to excise body parts to use as medicine or for magical purposes in witchcraft. Medicine murder is not viewed as a form of human sacrifice in a religious sense, because the motivation is not the death of a human or the effecting of magical changes through the death of a human being, but the obtaining of an item or items from their corpse to be used in traditional medicine. Its practice in the format described below occurs primarily in sub-equatorial Africa[citation needed]. Medicine murder in southern Africa has been documented in some small detail in South Africa, Lesotho and Swaziland, although it is a difficult subject to investigate because of its controversial standing in customary practices and laws. Very few research and discussion documents have been devoted to this subject. Three concerning Lesotho were published in 1951, 2000 and 2005 regarding the same events in the 1940s and 1950s; one concerning Swaziland was published in 1993 covering the 1970s and 1980s; and a commission of enquiry held in South Africa in 1995 covering medicine murder and witchcraft in the 1980s and 1990s.

Purpose and frequency

The objective of medicine murder is to create traditional medicine based partly on human flesh. Medicine murder is often termed ritual murder or muthi / muti murder, although there is evidence to suggest that the degree of ritual involved in the making of medicine is only a small element of the practice overall. Social anthropological ethnographies have documented anecdotes of medicine murder in southern Africa since the 1800s, and research has shown that incidences of medicine murder increase in times of political and economic stress.

The practice is commonly associated with witchcraft, although ethnographic evidence suggests that this has not always been the case, and that it may have been accorded local-level political sanction. Medicine murder is difficult to describe concisely, as it has changed over time, involving an ever-greater variety of perpetrator, victim, method and motive. Most detailed information about the minutiae of medicine murder is derived from state witnesses in trials, court records and third-party anecdote.

The phenomenon is widely acknowledged to occur in southern Africa, although no country has issued an accurate and up to date record of the frequency with which it takes place. This is not only because of the secrecy of the practice, given its controversial status, but also because of difficulties in classifying subcategories of murder. Medicine murder has been a topic of urban legends in South Africa, but this does not diminish its status as a practice that has resulted in legal trials and convictions of perpetrators.
Methodology

The perpetrators are usually men, although women have been convicted as well, most notably in Swaziland when Phillippa Mdluli[10][11] was hanged in 1983 for commissioning a medicine murder. Perpetrators vary widely in age and social status.

An individual or group of individuals commissions a inyanga (a herbalist skilled in traditional medicine) to assist them by concocting a medicine called muti. The medicine supposedly strengthens the 'personality' or personal force of the person who commissions the medicine. This increased personal force enables the person to excel in business, politics, or other sphere of influence. A human victim is identified for murder in order to create the medicine.

Victims vary widely in age and social standing. They are often young children or elderly people, and are both male and female. In some instances, the victim is identified and 'purchased' via a transaction involving an often nominal amount of money. The victim is then abducted, often at night, and taken to an isolated place, often in the open countryside if the murder is being committed in a rural area. It is usually intended that the victim be mutilated while conscious, so that the medicine can be made more potent through the noises of the victim in agony. Mutilation does not take place in order to kill the victim, but it is expected that the victim will die of the wounds.

Body parts excised mostly include soft tissue and internal organs – eyelids, lips, scrota, labia and uteri – although there have been instances where entire limbs have been severed. These body parts are removed to be mixed with medicinal plants to create a medicine through a cooking process. The resulting medicine is sometimes consumed, but is often made into a paste that is carried on the person or rubbed onto scarifications.
Variances

Since the 1970s, the manner in which medicine murder is practiced has become altered to the methods described above, although the continued practice of medicine murder demonstrates that belief in human flesh as a powerful medicinal component remains strong in some communities. It would appear that medicine murder in the 18th and 19th centuries may have been considered the legitimate domain of traditional chiefs and leaders, in order to improve agriculture and protect against war (see Human sacrifice).

Following industrialisation and growth of commerce, the range of purposes for which medicine was used to increase influence expanded significantly. In the early 1990s when South Africa was experiencing internal political strife between several political groupings, it became clear that some mutilations for medicine were opportunistic and incidental to the assassination of political opponents. There have also been occurrences of mutilation of corpses in medical facilities. In not all cases does the employment of a traditional healer seem to have been thought necessary to the process.

Notable cases
1994 Segametsi Mogomotsi case

In 1994, a 14-year-old named Segametsi Mogomotsi was murdered in Mochudi, Botswana and body parts removed. The killing was widely believed to have been for muti, and the police even recovered some excised organs. However, these were destroyed before being tested to establish them as human, leading to accusations of police complicity with the murder. The killing led to riots as students in Mochudi protested about police inaction, and eventually Scotland Yard from Britain were asked to investigate, as neutral outsiders. Their report was given to the Botswana government, which did not release it to the public. These events inspired some of the events in the book The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith.
2001 Thames torso case
Main article: Adam (murder victim)

A little boy whose headless and limbless body was found floating in the Thames in 2001 was identified by an arrestee in March 2011. The five-year-old's identity has remained a mystery after he was smuggled into Britain and murdered in a voodoo-style ritual killing. He was drugged with a ‘black-magic’ potion and sacrificed before being thrown into the Thames, where his torso washed up next to the Globe Theatre in September 2001. Detectives used pioneering scientific techniques to trace radioactive isotopes in his bones to his native Nigeria. They even enlisted Nelson Mandela to appeal for information about the murder.[12]

They struggled to formally identify the boy, whom they called Adam, despite travelling to the West African state to try to trace his family. Nigerian Joyce Osiagede, the only person to be arrested in Britain as part of the inquiry, has claimed that the victim's real name is Ikpomwosa. In an interview with ITV's London Tonight, Mrs Osiagede said she looked after the boy in Germany for a year before travelling to Britain without him in 2001. She claimed she handed the boy over to a man known as Bawa who later told her that he was dead and threatened to kill her unless she kept silent.

Police have passed numerous files on the case to the Crown Prosecution Service but it has never gone to court. A second suspect, a Nigerian man, was arrested in Dublin in 2003 but was never charged. Mrs Osiagede was first questioned by police after they found clothing similar to that worn by ‘Adam’ in her Glasgow tower-block flat in 2002. The only clothing on his body was a pair of orange shorts, exclusively sold in Woolworths in Germany and Austria. Dressed in a traditional gold and green dress, Mrs Osiagede denied any involvement with the death of the young boy.

Asked who killed him, she said a ‘group of people’. She added: "They used him for a ritual in the water." Claiming the boy was six years old, she said: ‘He was a lively boy. A very nice boy, he was also intelligent.’ Detailed analysis of a substance in the boy's stomach was identified as a ‘black magic’ potion. It included tiny clay pellets containing small particles of pure gold, an indication that Adam was the victim of a Muti ritual killing in which it is believed that the body parts of children are sacred. Bodies are often disposed of in flowing water.
2009 Masego Kgomo case

Masego Kgomo was a 10-year-old South African girl whose body parts were removed and sold to a sangoma in Soshanguve, South Africa. The little girl's body was found in bushes near the Mabopane railway station, north-west of Pretoria. Thirty-year-old Brian Mangwale was found guilty of the murder and sentenced to life imprisonment.[13] "

--------------------

sbs470
.333 member

Reged: 15/04/04
Loc: Sheffield Tasmania
      #334799 - 24/11/19 09:26 PM

Back in 1997 a mate and I spent a week on the Zambezi river fishing from a lodge at a town called Mongu in the district of Barotseland. We fished about 5 miles either side of the town catching a lot of good sized tiger fish ,bream and the odd catfish.
The natives of the area not living in town live on the banks of the river growing Barotseland cattle and growing cassava .They live in reed and grass huts on the banks of the river.
We saw a lot of crocs and a few hippo. the crocs were quite bold and the hippos very shy.
The natives set native fish traps made from reeds and they check them daily. the people fish swim and bathe in the river. Every morning on the way to fish we saw the women washing on the edge of the river.

They are bound to lose a few with the crocs so close. It is as it has been for thousands of years
nothing sinister just the way of life

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Massive croc seen with human body in mouth.. [Re: sbs470]
      #334801 - 24/11/19 09:55 PM

Quote:

Back in 1997 a mate and I spent a week on the Zambezi river fishing from a lodge at a town called Mongu in the district of Barotseland. We fished about 5 miles either side of the town catching a lot of good sized tiger fish ,bream and the odd catfish.
The natives of the area not living in town live on the banks of the river growing Barotseland cattle and growing cassava .They live in reed and grass huts on the banks of the river.
We saw a lot of crocs and a few hippo. the crocs were quite bold and the hippos very shy.
The natives set native fish traps made from reeds and they check them daily. the people fish swim and bathe in the river. Every morning on the way to fish we saw the women washing on the edge of the river.

They are bound to lose a few with the crocs so close. It is as it has been for thousands of years
nothing sinister just the way of life

Yep nothing sinister and no evidence of it.

The arm could well have been torn off during the croc attack and rolling.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Massive croc seen with human body in mouth.. [Re: NitroX]
      #334807 - 25/11/19 05:11 AM

Or another croc. grabbing it & twisting it off.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Rockdoc
.400 member

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: Massive croc seen with human body in mouth.. [Re: DarylS]
      #335232 - 08/12/19 09:16 AM

Happens all the time and we never hear of it. Daily occurrence.

There is a lot of witchcraft, Black magic or whatever you want to call it. When walking in rivers, geology is best on the banks in some places and you can’t always walk the banks, we would sometimes find small witchcraft devices, maybe where someone was taken. Was a gent mauled where we crossed and was quite shallow between days we crossed.

Always running into people who had lost someone to croc, buff, Elephant etc., but never talked about it when you first went there, only after spending some time.

One spot the crocs in the Ruaha in Tanz would lie just down from where the women were washing and collecting water and were described as “friendly”!

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Massive croc seen with human body in mouth.. [Re: Rockdoc]
      #335233 - 08/12/19 09:40 AM

Quote:

Happens all the time and we never hear of it. Daily occurrence.

There is a lot of witchcraft, Black magic or whatever you want to call it. When walking in rivers, geology is best on the banks in some places and you can’t always walk the banks, we would sometimes find small witchcraft devices, maybe where someone was taken. Was a gent mauled where we crossed and was quite shallow between days we crossed.

Always running into people who had lost someone to croc, buff, Elephant etc., but never talked about it when you first went there, only after spending some time.

One spot the crocs in the Ruaha in Tanz would lie just down from where the women were washing and collecting water and were described as “friendly”!

Just waiting until they are hungry enough to want food the size of a human then they wont be so friendly. Other thing if the washing may atrack fish that the crocs prey on.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7047

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com