Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: "Brother to the Dingo" by Murray "Bwana Samaki" Mitchell

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
"Brother to the Dingo" by Murray "Bwana Samaki" Mitchell
      #177735 - 27/03/11 02:11 AM

"Bwana Samaki" - Murray Mitchell had a column in the Australian Shooters Journal for many years in the 1970s and 80s. It was a series of short stories and experiences in Australia, the United Kingdom, East Africa, Arabia and New Guinea. It was always the first thing I turned to in the monthly magazine.

"Brother to the Dingo" is the collection of these stories in book form, and is a great read. From experiences was a budding waterfowler in the coastal marshes of England, to his life in East Africa as a fisheries officer in the newly independent country of Tanzania. Later Yemen before returning to South Australia. Then for a short time to New Guinea before finally settling in Victoria.

Among the varied stories, hunting and life in general, Murray also relates to his hunting philosophies, hunting in a sporting manner and hunting ethics. I think many of these concepts shaped my own concept of sporting hunting. Doing it with respect to the game.

One of the stories is listed here on NitroExpress.com, "If I had a hammer".

Murray has a quantity of the book still and they can be purchased for $35 (post free in Australia). PM me and I will supply contact details if you wish to obtain a copy. But hurry! Only a couple of dozen are on hand, and it is not intended to do an additional printing.

PM me for details and you will enjoy this book.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2170

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com