Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 2 X 1 hunt

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
bonanza
.400 member

Reged: 17/05/04
Loc: South Carolina
2 X 1 hunt
      #31592 - 20/05/05 11:21 PM

Gent's

The time is getting closer to a safari becoming reality. I'm thinking about taking my brother along. Please explain the 2x1 hunt.

--------------------

"Speak Precisely" G. Gordon Liddy.

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"I''m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

"Yo! Mr. White"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Plains99
.300 member

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: Dodge City, Kansas, USA
Re: 2 X 1 hunt [Re: bonanza]
      #31595 - 20/05/05 11:55 PM

Two hunters with one PH. For most hunts it is perfectly acceptable, more cost efficient, and an enjoyable way to share your experiences. I've only been on one 1X1 hunt and it was after elk but I believe most 1X1 hunts are generally reserved for dangerous game situations. 2X1 hunts are much more common.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: 2 X 1 hunt [Re: bonanza]
      #31601 - 21/05/05 12:27 AM

You will need to agree on who shoots when, first and at what etc.

Some guys take it in turns, one person one day and the other the second day etc. Or morning and afternoon etc.

Say your both hunting buffalo and if "A" shoots and misses, then the other guy "B" gets a turn.

The main thing is to keep it fun and easy going.

Works for some, but not all. I like hunting by myself but hunting in a group can also be fun for a change and you may meet new people.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: 2 X 1 hunt [Re: NitroX]
      #31609 - 21/05/05 12:49 AM

For the extra hundred or so dollars a day I prefer 1x2. I like to have the companionship of a friend in the evening to share the day with etc. but when hunting I prefer to be the one who decides what gets shot where and how.

With 2x1 if your partner shoots something than everything stops until the animal is taken care of. Wasted time if it is your turn next. If you alternate days you cut your hunt in half.

Maybe it's just me but I like to wander off by myself. I dislike guided hunts (until the animal is down, then I love them ). I would rather shoot an average or below average animal by myself than than a huge trophy that I had been taken too. Many places will allow you to be on your own if they think you can be trusted and know what you are about. I much prefer these places. Drop me off in the morning and pick me up a night.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

Plains99
.300 member

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: Dodge City, Kansas, USA
Re: 2 X 1 hunt [Re: mickey]
      #31618 - 21/05/05 02:46 AM

That's the way I like to hunt but in some areas... especially Alaska and Africa, a rookie can't hunt that way. I too would rather take an average animal on my own than be babysat but that's the way it is in many areas.

500grains
.416 member

Reged: 16/02/04
Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Re: 2 X 1 hunt [Re: Plains99]
      #31621 - 21/05/05 03:09 AM

I will only hunt 1x1. Really I cannot see why anyone would hunt 2x1, unless it were a father/son or husband/wife combo. If the extra $50 or $100 per day makes that big of a difference, then you really cannot afford the hunt.

cchunter
.375 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Kinna, Sweden
Re: 2 X 1 hunt [Re: 500grains]
      #31629 - 21/05/05 03:59 AM

mickey

it seems you like guides, hunting alone with two guides (1x2)

My first hunt was a 2x1 whichwas perfect since we did not want that many animals. Next hunt I brought a non hunting friend and promised him to shot two animals, since we struggled to get anything and he wanted to shot the situation was not perfect. Since hen I hunted 1x1.

--------------------

Christer Hansson

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 79 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1268

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com