Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Right of way

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
News
.333 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Internet News
Right of way
      #26826 - 25/02/05 12:31 PM

Angry Elephants Damage Vehicle As Two Calfs Are Killed

The Times of Zambia (Ndola)

February 17, 2005

ANGRY elephants in the tourist capital Livingstone extensively damaged a motor vehicle belonging to a contractor after he knocked down two baby elephants, which were crossing the road at the weekend.

The two people who were in the vehicle were nursing injuries at Batoka General Hospital.

The incident happened at the junction of Thorn-tree Lodge on the Livingstone/Sesheke road where two baby elephants were hit by a vehicle, killing them on the spot.

Zambia Wildlife Authority (ZAWA) public relations officer Maureen Mwape confirmed the incident in an interview yesterday but could not give details saying she was still waiting for a report from Livingstone.

But eyewitnesses told the Times in Livingstone that soon after the incident several elephants gathered around their two dead young ones causing a traffic jam on both sides of the road.

After damaging the motor vehicle, which they rolled over several times, the elephants also blocked the road for more than six hours.

"The mourning for elephants goes on even after five years and the elephants will continue to gather at the accident scene. The mistake one should not make is to honk," the eyewitness said.

And a check on Monday evening found that the elephants had gathered at the same accident scene and motorists had to wait for the elephants to disperse.

--------------------

African News Headlines at a glance daily

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Nframe
.275 member

Reged: 29/12/04
Loc: United States
Re: Right of way [Re: News]
      #27058 - 01/03/05 09:20 PM

You know how can anyone not see 1 but 2 elephants in the road?????? It's unfortunate that the elephants didn't finish the job on the driver, the a**hole deserves it!!!!

SAHUNT
Sponsor

Reged: 27/12/04
Loc: Centurion, RSA
Re: Right of way [Re: Nframe]
      #27059 - 01/03/05 09:45 PM

Most probably the cause of the acident was speeding. It's about time people learn to drive slowly in wilderness areas. Unfortuneately a lot of people in Africa believe rules and legislation are like pie crust. Its made to be broken. Very unfortunate.

--------------------
Life is how you pass the time between hunting trips.
Sometimes I do not express myself properly in the English language, please forgive me, I am just a boertjie.
Jaco Human
jacohu@mweb.co.za
SA Hunting Experience

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 50 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1297

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com