Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Cape Buffalo Hunt Raffle, Klaserie, South Africa

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Cape Buffalo Hunt Raffle, Klaserie, South Africa
      #309 - 01/01/03 02:35 PM

One of our members, Safari-Hunt has come up with a great idea. He is raffling off a Cape Buffalo hunt in South Africa for 2003. Check out the info below and also the web link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUFFALO RAFFLE KLASERIE RSA FOR 2003

One hunter and one observer is going to have the chance of going on a buffalo hunt in the well known Klaserie district next to the well renowned Kruger Park. This will be on a 53 000 hectare (roughly 100 000 acres) concession which borders the park with no fence between the park and concession. This will be a 7 day hunt with 5 full hunting days. This concession has never been used commercially before and will be opened up for the first time in 2003. You will be hunting among the Big Five and will walk into other members of the big five and also a lot of buffalo. The bush is quite thick and you will need to get up close for an exiting hunt. The dates for the hunt are set but can be changed if other dates are available 4th - 10th of May 2003.

The raffle will end on the 5th of February 2003 and the draw will take place on the 17th of February. The tickets are limited to 150 only at a rate of $55 US per ticket there is no limit on how many tickets can be bought by a person. Each ticket is going to be allocated a number. You must also please tell me your names and where you are from, this will only be displayed when you are the winner.

The Draw.

This is how the draw will work firstly you will only be given numbers after all the tickets are sold the numbers are going to run from 1 -150 for the 150 tickets. You are going to be allocated numbers by a simple draw one bucket with names and one with numbers. We will draw a name and then a number and that will be your number most of you bought 2 tickets so you should have two different random numbers.

The final draw will start on the 17th of February we will get the numbers on which the Dow Jones have closed on the 16th example 34788.80 we will then take the last number before the decimal this is will be number 8. This is a even number and then we will get rid of all the odd numbers between 1 - 150 that will leave us with 75 numbers. So if you had number 2 ticket your ticket will now become number 1 ticket and then we will have numbers from 1 - 75. On the 18th we will take the closing number for Dow Jones again and again take the last number before the decimal. Example 35987.06 so we will take number 7, 7 being an uneven number we will get rid of all the even numbers between 1-75.

We will do this until we have the last 10 or less numbers the Dow Jones closing with the last number of 0 will go to number 10 and if we only have 9 numbers and it closes with the number 0 we will wait until it closes on a number that exist between the last batch of numbers.

What the raffle includes :

• Pick up and drop off from Johannesburg international airport.
  • 7 days full accommodation and boarding
  • 1 Buffalo trophy
  • 1 Impala trophy
  • 1 Warthog trophy
  • Meals and drinks alcoholic as well in moderation.
  • PH, skinner tracker camp staff
  • Field preparation of trophy
  • Drop off, of trophy to local taxidermist

What the raffle excludes :

• Airfare to RSA
  • Any accommodation outside the concession
  • Any other trophies hunted
  • Tips and gratuities
  • Taxidermy costs.
  • Other game that can be hunted :

Duiker Common.........................$150
Waterbuck…………………… ..$1000
Wildebeest Blue…………………$700
Zebra Burchell…………………..$800
Impala……………………………$230
Kudu…………………………….$770
Zebra Burchell…………………..$800
Gemsbuck……………………… $750
Eland.……………………… …..$1200
Warthog…………………………$225
Nyala….…………………………$1300
Red Hartebeest……… ………….$ 650

The observer can also become a hunter by paying an extra fee of $150 per day for the whole length of the hunt. You can hunt the buffalo with any caliber as long as it's a 375 H&H minimum. Payment will be done by money orders posted to an address in the USA from there it will be directly deposited into the outfitters account in RSA. There are some terms and conditions that needs to be agreed upon before buying a ticket this will be given to those who contact me and would like to participate in this raffle. As soon as you agree to the terms and conditions you will be given the address to where you need to send the money order. Here is my e-mail address frederikc@aosl.co.za

Klaserie Buffalo Hunt Raffle web site

Here is some photos of the terrain as you can see you will need to get close to the buffalo.

information as at 1 Jan, 2003

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Cape Buffalo Hunt Raffle, Klaserie, South Africa [Re: NitroX]
      #310 - 01/01/03 02:58 PM

Re-posted from previous message board

Hi,

This is to give you some more info on the hunt. You will basically be the first hunter to ever hunt the concession commercially. Virgin bush this piece of land has been used by the army before for survival training and that it why it was left untouched. There is two rivers within the concession and you will be bumping into other mebers of the big five as well as hippo and croc along the rivers.

Hunting season for big game only opens in May and that is why I'v put together the hunt for the first week in May so that you will have a good opportunity to pick up a good animal. This is the closest you are going to get to free ranging buffalo in RSA.
53 000 hectares is 530 square km without a fence between the Kruger and the concession. You will not see half the concession in the week you will be spending there. Some concessions in Tanzania and Zimbabwe are not even that big !

Safari-Hunt

www.Safari-Hunt.com

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#311 - 01/01/03 03:02 PM

Frederik has asked me and I have agreed to collect any ticket purchases from Australia, and hold them until the raffle is sold out. Then I will forward the funds en-mass to him. Your tickets however will be allocated when I receive the funds.

Also for Australian hunters the tickets can be purchased using Australian dollars ($A) at the price of A$100 which is the equivalent of the US$55 ticket price. The exchange rate today is $US 0.55 : $A 1.00 so this works out pretty well. So you don't need to worry about getting a US$ draft. So the price to you is fixed at A$100 per ticket.

Personnel cheques, money orders etc can be made out to the following payee and sent to the address below.

Payee:
Nitro Express Pty Ltd

Postal Address:
P.O. Box 791
Nuriootpa SA 5355
Australia

Price:
A$100 per ticket. Can buy as many as you want. 150 tickets maximum to be sold.

Please include:
Your name and address. Plus phone and email address. Also your alias on NitroExpress.com

Other:
[list]
  • I will hold the funds in trust until I have been informed the raffle is sold out.
  • As I receive ticket purchases I will forward the information to Safari-Hunt and you will be allocated a ticket number.
  • The ticket register will be publicly available on the web and the draw will be conducted using a publicly verifiable manner which will at random select the winning number.
  • If the raffle is not sold out, I will send you a refund.
  • I am not connected with this raffle other than helping facilitate the collection and sending of purchases to South Africa. Safari-Hunt is operating the raffle in South Africa. I am not receiving any consideration for doing this. I am doing it to help with the raffle and provide a benefit for NitroExpress.com members.

I think this represents a great opportunity to have a chance at hunting in Cape Buffalo in the wild in South Africa. At US$55x150 tickets the total price including daily rates represents even less than you would usually pay in SAf just for trophy fees!

I or Safari-Hunt will post more information including more photos.

--------------------
    John aka NitroX

• NitroXAdministrator
    .700 member

#312 - 01/01/03 03:03 PM

By the way I am in for 2 tickets personally.

Got to be in it, to win it!

--------------------
    John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
    .700 member

#313 - 01/01/03 03:05 PM

Hi all,

This is a new outfitter who is giving away this raffle altough new the PH Herman Pretorius has some very good big game experience with over 20 elephant to his name. He shot his first lion at the age of 13 on the concession as well as many buffalo. He is also a war veteran from the Angolan bush war.

The raffle was setup to introduce this new outfitter and because the land his family owned he can and will sell the buffalo for good prices if you compare it to other RSA buffalo. I know that a lot of poeple who knows the Klaserie thinks I'm talking bull and that the buff can't be that cheap but you must remeber there is no middle man involved which usually happens with any animal hunted in Klaserie.

I hope you guys participate if you ever wnated to hunt a buff in africa but only dreamed about it here is your chance not that small either if you think that there is only 150 tickets

--------------------
    John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
    .700 member

#314 - 01/01/03 03:10 PM

And as previously announced on the old message board, you have the chance to win one ticket in this Cape Buffalo Hunt Raffle. Value A$100 (US$55).

Simple to enter and simple to get extra chances.

Check out this thread to get info on how to enter

Wouldn't it be great for a NitroExpress.com member to win!

--------------------
    John aka NitroX

KevinNY
    .224 member

Reged: 09/01/03
    Loc: NY
          #688 - 09/01/03 04:24 AM

How long is he going to give it to try to sell this out? Looks slow now so we should tell a buddy about it and get it going. I'm going to speak up about it at my Jan. SCI Chapter meeting.

SafariHunt
    .333 member

Reged: 02/01/03
    Loc: Pretoria RSA
    Re: Cape Buffalo Hunt Raffle, Klaserie, South Africa [Re: KevinNY]
          #710 - 09/01/03 07:39 PM

KevinNY,

Thanx for the help yes it looks a bit slow but I'm sure it will pick up as soon as Ann's has drawn a winner. The buffalo is booked for this year for the raffle exclusively. So even if it drags on a bit longer we can still do it.

The only only drawback is that the buffalo must be hunted before the end of August in 2003. The Klaserie has a specific season unlike hunting all year round in ranches in RSA.

--------------------
    "Sleeping under the African sky I can see nothing wrong with this world!"

JudgeG
    .224 member

Reged: 10/01/03
    Loc: Georgia Coast
    Re: Cape Buffalo Hunt Raffle, Klaserie, South Africa [Re: SafariHunt]
          #793 - 11/01/03 10:17 AM

Let's see if I was bright enough to figure out the sign up, etc.

I guess that I'm in the raffle with a free ticket, huh?

To be fair, I'll send the fare for another chance Monday after I get to the office, or if any one will be in Dallas at the Safari Club convention, I'll pay up there. Hope to see a forum member on Saturday!

I'm booked to hunt buffalo in Tanzania this summer, but what's the matter with two trips?

Keep the faith, folks:

--------------------
    JudgeG
    Old and getting older, I hope. But once I was young.

cchunter
    .375 member

Reged: 01/01/03
    Loc: Kinna, Sweden
    Re: Cape Buffalo Hunt Raffle, Klaserie, South Africa [Re: JudgeG]
          #794 - 11/01/03 12:32 PM

JudgeG

Not just easy like that, by signing on the forum you are in the draw of one ticket, just like all other here and by posting your chances raise.

BTW Welcome to the forum and hope you like it here.

--------------------

Christer Hansson

NitroXAdministrator
    .700 member

Re: Cape Buffalo Hunt Raffle, Klaserie, South Africa [Re: cchunter]
          #1223 - 24/01/03 10:25 AM

Now this is the only game in town to win a FREE buff hunt, boys (and girls) jump in.

And the odds are better, though seeing Ann's luck she will probably win this one too.

Got to be in it to win it.

--------------------
    John aka NitroX

IronBuck
    .300 member

Reged: 11/01/03
    Loc: Pittsburgh PA, USA
          #1274 - 26/01/03 02:21 AM

Since I am out of the running on the AR 45-70 hunt, looks like I will have to sign up for this one so that I can keep my buff hunt dreans alive! Unless I win onbe it is going to take me several years to save the money for this hunt. I already have a 375HH waiting to go on an adventure! Good luck to all.........but I hope I win!

cchunter
    .375 member

Re: Cape Buffalo Hunt Raffle, Klaserie, South Africa [Re: IronBuck]
          #1275 - 26/01/03 02:51 AM

IronBuck

You are very welcome to make contributions to my safari.

--------------------

Christer Hansson

Yochanan
    .375 member

Reged: 26/01/03
    Loc: Volksdiktatur Schweden
          #1276 - 26/01/03 08:33 AM

Christer

Do you think that I would let this chance go by and get in your hands, you old nitwit.

I'm in for the buffalo game

/ JOHAN

--------------------
    © "I have never been able to appreciate 'shock' as applied to killing big game. It seems to me that you cannot kill an elephant weighing six tons by ΄shock΄unless you advocate the use of a field gun." - W.D.M. Bell: Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter.

cchunter
    .375 member

Re: Cape Buffalo Hunt Raffle, Klaserie, South Africa [Re: Yochanan]
          #1277 - 26/01/03 08:53 AM

Johan

As I stated above, all contributions for my safari are welcome.

Just don't take to long time to buy a ticket since they will be sold out quite fast now when the AR raffle is closed.

--------------------

Christer Hansson

BOWHUNR
    .224 member

Reged: 25/01/03
    Loc: Omaha, NE USA
          #1278 - 26/01/03 11:18 AM

Hello All,

Great site Nitro! Glad to see so many A.R. people here! I'll be sending in money for two tickets this week and I'm working on a couple of other guys to do the same.

BOWHUNR

--------------------
    Kudu, it's not just for breakfast anymore!

NitroXAdministrator
    .700 member

Re: Cape Buffalo Hunt Raffle, Klaserie, South Africa [Re: BOWHUNR]
          #1289 - 26/01/03 02:12 PM

Bowhunr

Thanks for the comments.

I think Safari-Hunts raffle is another great way for someone to go hunting buff. Support it, buy a ticket or two, and who knows you may just win.

It was great that Ann who had not had the chance to hunt buff before won the 45/70 raffle.

I hope (that if I can't win it myself ofcourse having two tickets myself) that the free ticket we will give away here WINS. That would be great.

I think Safari-Hunts raffle will now sell out very quickly there being only 150 tickets.

Hope you enjoy the NitroExpress.com site.

Johan and Ironbuck

Welcome and good luck in the raffle! Can't let Christer win and do the hunting, he is too good a camera man He he.

--------------------
    John aka NitroX

Yochanan
    .375 member

Reged: 26/01/03
    Loc: Volksdiktatur Schweden
          #1299 - 27/01/03 05:46 AM

John
    I agree with you , moderators should be kept away from such temptations as buffalo raffle's
    Brilliant plan to let Christer the old nitwit play around with the cameras. Since I will win, I might take Christer with me to do the documentations for me, while I'm shooting

I have a slight feeling that buff's require minimum of 40 caliber, which count's Christer out of the game anyway

I wouldn't want to hunt buff with a levler action. A bouble would be a bit better. The best solution would be to recamber the double to 450 rigby(3-1/4). I like this round very much, bt don't own one yet

--------------------
    © "I have never been able to appreciate 'shock' as applied to killing big game. It seems to me that you cannot kill an elephant weighing six tons by ΄shock΄unless you advocate the use of a field gun." - W.D.M. Bell: Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter.

cchunter
    .375 member

Re: Cape Buffalo Hunt Raffle, Klaserie, South Africa [Re: Yochanan]
          #1302 - 27/01/03 10:52 AM

Johan

About letting me play with the camera I will have a serious talk with NitroX about that.

As the minimum caliber is 375 you must understand that I am planning to win when I ask for opinions on loads.

--------------------

Christer Hansson

IronBuck
    .300 member

Reged: 11/01/03
    Loc: Pittsburgh PA, USA
          #1304 - 27/01/03 12:50 PM

I most likely will be contributing to someone elses hunt by entering. I have terrible luck with raffles, I almost never win anything. But at least I will have a chance and get some good day dreams in about buff hunting!

SafariHunt
    .333 member

Reged: 02/01/03
    Loc: Pretoria RSA
          #1309 - 27/01/03 07:24 PM

You I don't understand the lot of you !

Think odds if someone would be 10 tickets they would have a 1/15 chance now that is bloody good chance. But anyway the things are picking up I'm geetign a lot of requests for the details to send the money-orders too

So if all goes well we could have another winner by the end of this month, making February a very good raffle month !

--------------------
    "Sleeping under the African sky I can see nothing wrong with this world!"

Pages: 1

Extra information
    0 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
          You cannot start new topics
          You cannot reply to topics
          HTML is disabled
          UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
    Topic views: 3046

You rated this topic a 5.
    Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com