Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Ruger Action size

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

blackbearhunter
.333 member

Reged: 15/06/04
Loc: swamp
Ruger Action size
      08/01/05 08:03 AM

Will a scope on a ruger mark ii 270 come off with the ruger mounts and fit right back on another ruger mark ii action rifle up to 338wm & 300wm?Would the windage be the same but elevation be way off?I never have heard this one before.Would the 270,280,06,308 & 7magnum be close to point of aim,just high or low a little?I know it would have to be tweeked to the rifle but just wondered how close they would come out overall?Anyone ever tried this with ruger or other brands?Seems like a fellow could have a couple scopes for every possible set up if he had the same scope mount setup like the ruger has and all his rifles were model 77action just different calibers.I guess the objective size would make a big difference though and the scope mount height.You could just resight it in with that rifle though and change em back when you felt the urge.....Big scope fields/mountains...Little scope thorn thickets!

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Ruger Action size blackbearhunter 08/01/05 08:03 AM
. * * Re: Ruger Action size DPhillips   08/01/05 08:42 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1635

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com