Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: My New Non-Classic Far Shooter

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

luv2safari
.400 member

Reged: 09/11/03
Loc: United States
My New Non-Classic Far Shooter
      29/04/23 02:27 PM

Walnut and blue steel are my passion, but so are accurate rifles. Now that peripheral neuropathy is ruining my ability to climb our high and rough mountains I have given in and got a Weatherby Vanguard in 6.5-300 Wby off an internet site at a great price. Its 26" barrel slings out 129gr SSTs at 3,500 FPS, and the KUIU Vias camo blends in well with my terrain.

I will always believe in getting close, or you're not a hunter, but I need a little edge now. Sighted in at 300 yards gives me a hold on a deer's heart/lung area out to 400 yards. A modestly priced Burris FFII 4.5-14 is all the scope I need for the ranges I'll be shooting.

I have several FFII scopes, two 3-9 and another 4.5-14 that's on my 25-06, and I have nothing bad to say about any of them. A good friend and American gun writer told me to keep using the Philippine made scopes. He tests scopes and reports on them for several publications.

--------------------
Hunt with Class and Classics

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My New Non-Classic Far Shooter luv2safari 29/04/23 02:27 PM
. * * Re: My New Non-Classic Far Shooter NitroXAdministrator   30/04/23 02:58 PM
. * * Re: My New Non-Classic Far Shooter Bindi2   29/04/23 08:38 PM
. * * Re: My New Non-Classic Far Shooter NitroXAdministrator   30/04/23 02:55 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1030

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com