Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Two questions about American gunsmithing

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Major_Bonkers
.224 member

Reged: 22/05/20
Loc: London, England
Two questions about American gunsmithing
      26/07/20 02:44 AM

I have two questions about American gunsmithing which I hope that someone might be able to answer.

The first relates to the Purdey 'chassis system' - see: https://www.purdey.com/guns-rifles/new-bolt-action-rifle - which is a titanium insert in the stock/ fore-end of the rifle onto which the barrel is screwed (rather than the stock itself). I am sure that I have seen the same system used in America, and if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be most grateful.

Secondly; Border barrels, now Sassen Engineering, is where most British guns are barrelled. However, they are not able to mill the foresight and sling eye onto the barrel when they are milling it; so these bits must me soldered on later. The question that I have is - where can the barrel be milled with the foresight and sling eye inclusive? (I thought that it was Alaska Arms, but it is not on their website).

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Two questions about American gunsmithing Major_Bonkers 26/07/20 02:44 AM
. * * Re: Two questions about American gunsmithing tinker   26/07/20 05:52 AM
. * * Re: Two questions about American gunsmithing Major_Bonkers   27/07/20 09:25 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1371

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com