Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Magazines for Krico & Brno ZKW 465 in .222

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
Magazines for Krico & Brno ZKW 465 in .222
      #343956 - 02/08/20 10:56 PM

Question to Forum members owning Krico rifles in .222 Remington (model manufactured in the late 50’s and early 60’s in Germany) of the same model as Brno ZKW 465 rifles in the same calibre (manufactured from late 40’s to early 70’s in Czechoslovakia).

Do Krico rifles accept Brno ZKW 465 magazines in .222 and - to a wider extent, later production magazines for CZ successive Fox models in .222?

Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
TexasJohn
.300 member

Reged: 06/04/10
Loc: Texas
Re: Magazines for Krico & Brno ZKW 465 in .222 [Re: Louis]
      #343958 - 02/08/20 11:13 PM

Louis,
Your quest for a magazine for the Krico may be a challenge. The Krico was a loose copy of the ZKW 465 although the bolt cocking piece design was changed somewhat. The Germans actually stretched the action (and bolt) by .5 inch to fit the .222 whereas the Czechs simply shortened the rear bridge on the ZKW by the same amount and opened the mag well to make the Fox. In spite of rumors of their existence, I have never seen a ZKW 465 factory chambered for anything except the Hornet. If I remember correctly, all the Fox series and the later CZ 527 rifles all used a side mounted lever to release the magazine whereas the ZKW uses an inside the trigger guard button at the rear of the magazine. This means the mag catch arrangement is different on the Fox than on the Krico. You might be able to modify a Fox or CZ 527 magazine to be functional. I no longer have a Krico here to compare with a ZKW or CZ. There is a Krico magazine on Ebay now that looks to be correct; however it has a $299.00 US price tag plus the possible export issues for you.

Best of luck.
John

--------------------
John

"In the Texas Oilfield, everything that does not kill me today, gets another chance tomorrow."

Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
Re: Magazines for Krico & Brno ZKW 465 in .222 [Re: TexasJohn]
      #343963 - 03/08/20 04:38 AM

Thank you John, your information is much useful; I do not own yet such a vintage Krico but I have started to investigate, in case of ...
Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

vykkagur
.300 member

Reged: 28/11/19
Loc: Canada
Re: Magazines for Krico & Brno ZKW 465 in .222 [Re: Louis]
      #344041 - 04/08/20 11:29 PM

I wish we still had our sheet-metal shop on-site. There's obviously a great market for reproduction magazines for ZKW, Krico, Ljungman, etc., judging by the prices people are asking.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1865

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com