Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Pedersoli Creedmoor #2 Sharps

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
BlainSmipy
.375 member

Reged: 24/11/05
Loc: Washington, USA
Pedersoli Creedmoor #2 Sharps
      #50932 - 27/02/06 04:27 AM

I really like this gun, does anybody have any experience with the Pedersoli sharps? What kind of pressures can they take. I would like to get the gun in either 45-120 or 50-90. A 45-120 full nitro load would be around 15 tons pressure and 5000FPE at 2050fps. A unique african hunting gun for sure.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Metswedi
.300 member

Reged: 20/01/05
Loc: Yorks. England
Re: Pedersoli Creedmoor #2 Sharps [Re: BlainSmipy]
      #50944 - 27/02/06 10:22 AM

I don't have much experience with the Pedersolis firing Nitro. I have one in 45/70 and once used some 300grn jacketed rounds with Reloder 7 on deer. Forget the charge weight now but it was within the range published in the Hornady manual ( I seem to have 50 grains stuck in my mind, but DON'T quote me on that ). It handled that no problem but I gave up experimenting because the effect on deer was devastating and the round wasn't legal in Scotland where most of my stalking was at that time. I now use it only with Black Powder for long range target shooting. ( it was also far too heavy to keep lugging up the hills )!

The Pedersolis are well made and finished, they look and feel strong as they are made from modern steels and I have heard of some shooters loading rounds designed for Ruger pressures, though I can't comment if this is safe or not. I haven't heard any negative reports but that might be more luck than judgement.

I would suggest that if you're wanting to drive your velocity and pressure, you might be better off looking at a Ruger or similar. If you plan to keep things moderate, the Pedersolis are excellent, fun to shoot and plenty accurate too. Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

--------------------
Perfer et obdura!

BlainSmipy
.375 member

Reged: 24/11/05
Loc: Washington, USA
Re: Pedersoli Creedmoor #2 Sharps [Re: Metswedi]
      #50987 - 28/02/06 01:31 AM

Thanks,
The 45-120 is equiv. to a 450 NE which loaded to 2050FPS should not exceed 14 tons PSI. Fairly low compared to a hot 45-70 which can go well over 20 tons.

Metswedi
.300 member

Reged: 20/01/05
Loc: Yorks. England
Re: Pedersoli Creedmoor #2 Sharps [Re: BlainSmipy]
      #50991 - 28/02/06 01:47 AM

At that pressure Colorado, I'm sure the Pedersolis will have no bother at all. Dave Gullo at Buffalo Arms has some experience with the Pedersolis, he might be a good source of information.

--------------------
Perfer et obdura!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1748

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com