Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Posting photos

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

General >> Help desk - IT tips, queries & info

Pages: 1
mckinney
.400 member

Reged: 29/01/09
Loc: usa
Posting photos
      #295812 - 25/02/17 06:32 AM

Can anyone advise how to post a photo from photobucket in a way that posts the image rather than a link to the image? I have carefully read all the tutorials on the forum but try as I might, I can post only links to images, not the direct images. That is the case with all 4 of the options on photobucket and it's the case with both Apple and windows based computers. On a couple of occasions in the past, I have posted links and other members have then come along and converted them to images. How, I have no idea.

If I could post photos effortlessly I'd post a few.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
m4220
.300 member

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: wa
Re: Posting photos [Re: mckinney]
      #295826 - 25/02/17 07:25 AM

McKinney,
Select photo from photo bucket,Righ side where it says share this photo, click box by IMG, will say copied. Go to NE reply & click control & v button to copy, will show as link until you submit message as where it will show photo in the thread. Hope this helps!

m4220

Edited by m4220 (25/02/17 07:26 AM)

mckinney
.400 member

Re: Posting photos [Re: m4220]
      #295830 - 25/02/17 07:47 AM

Thanks Mike. I tried this just now, but it also failed. I've now tried every conceivable way (about 15 attempts) and had to delete them all. Maybe it's something to do with not having a premium photobucket account. No idea what else it might be. I don't like having photos hosted on remote web servers anyway, so will go ahead and delete the offending photobucket account.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #295871 - 26/02/17 08:41 AM

Put an attempt or two up here and I will have a look and see if it can modified. To show you how to do it. I can do it within your own post. Then you can "edit" it and see how it is done.

You need the actual picture address, ending with a jpg, gif or png. Enclosed with image code in square brackets. Use the feature in the posting box so you end up with the closing square brackets ie includes a / before image.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Posting photos [Re: NitroX]
      #295872 - 26/02/17 08:47 AM

Using one of von gruffs images from another thread.

This is the code:

Code:
[image]http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u488/vongruff1/DSCN0477_zpsqjurzoyz.jpg[/image]

Without the special "code" to show the forumula which will display the photo.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

eagle27
.400 member

Reged: 24/01/09
Loc: Nelson, New Zealand
      #295873 - 26/02/17 08:51 AM

Quote:

Thanks Mike. I tried this just now, but it also failed. I've now tried every conceivable way (about 15 attempts) and had to delete them all. Maybe it's something to do with not having a premium photobucket account. No idea what else it might be. I don't like having photos hosted on remote web servers anyway, so will go ahead and delete the offending photobucket account.

You don't need premium photobucket, I've just got the free standard PB and it works everytime. On the photo you have uploaded to PB point your mouse cursor to the left hand upper corner and you'll see a small square of lines which drops a window while you are pointing, point to "Share" which is first choice in the drop down list, click with left button on mouse and it will then bring up a window with share options on the right hand side, select IMG by pointing in box just below IMG word and left click again. Now go back to your post window and right click in it and select paste. The address will show but when you submit your post the photo will show.

You just repeat above for each photo you wish to post. Leave a space between photos on your post by positioning your cursor two spaces from the bottom of each photo then you can add a title or text in between each photo.

When you get it you'll wonder why you didn't before

mckinney
.400 member

Re: Posting photos [Re: eagle27]
      #296680 - 10/03/17 02:56 AM

thanks for this eagle27. It worked fine except after pasting the IMG link in the photo window, then what? I clicked 'share' and the response was 'select a social network'.

All I'm trying to do BTW is post a photo of a ZG-47 in 8x64S which seems to have a custom stock. Just wanted someone to have a look and tell me whether it's custom or some other 'grade' of the ZG-47. I think it's probably custom.

Will come back and try again the next time I have 3-4 hours.

Edited by mckinney (10/03/17 02:57 AM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#296682 - 10/03/17 04:42 AM

Just copy the image address and add the image codes as per my example. Should not take more than a few minutes and it is easy.

Put a link up or try an example on this thread. I can modify it if necessary and show you how it works.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4187

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com