Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Relocated Dingo's causing problems

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Perry
.275 member

Reged: 09/11/10
Loc: Qld Australia
Relocated Dingo's causing problems
      12/11/10 09:02 AM

G/Day folks, I have not hunted wild dogs often but recently have found an opportunity to help with a problem caused by Do Gooder authorities who have relocated a number of pure breed Dingo's from Frazer Island to the mainland not far from where I live.

These dogs are the purest strain left in Australia but unfortunately have become habituated to humans and overpopulated on Frazer Island. These Dingo's are very bold, approach humans with no fear and in recent years have been implicated in the predatory deaths of several people.

Can anyone tell me why the Do Gooder's would relocate such animals into a semi rural environment. There's at least one Beef cattle property. These Dingo's are bumping into and having "pissing contests" with resident cross breed wild dogs. They fight, Bawl and howl around resident's houses all night, the latest this past Tuesday. They approach houses, jump onto outdoor tables and look in. One woman went inside and when she came out a Dog was on her table drinking from her coffee cup!

Problem right now is we have had record breaking rain this last 6 months and all the properties are awash. It's extremely difficult even walking around them in the day let alone driving in the paddocks to call / howl them in or to spot light them at night when they are most active. Undergrowth has grown out of control which makes visibility poor.

Last couple of weekends I've been out to one property for a look around with the Gent I have befriended who is happily showing me the lay of the land. We've had some half hearted attempt's with a fox whistle but due to swirling wind and poor visibility from undergrowth had no luck. Though both times there where tracks or other evidence the dogs did respond or where recently near by.

He got a phone call last Wednesday to come out sort em out as they kept some residents awake all Tuesday night. I had family to look after so could not go. The Dogs and Dingo's had moved on. Next few weeks we will be stepping up the hunting and hopefully cull these dogs.

So folks any suggestions on how to hunt these Dingo's down.

regards Jacko

--------------------
"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' " -Charles Darwin

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Relocated Dingo's causing problems Perry 12/11/10 09:02 AM
. * * Re: Relocated Dingo's causing problems NitroXAdministrator   09/02/11 09:54 PM
. * * Re: Relocated Dingo's causing problems 9.3x57   13/11/10 12:02 AM
. * * Re: Relocated Dingo's causing problems Perry   13/11/10 04:33 PM
. * * Re: Relocated Dingo's causing problems ALAN_MCKENZIE   30/11/10 06:32 PM
. * * Re: Relocated Dingo's causing problems DarylS   01/12/10 04:30 AM
. * * Re: Relocated Dingo's causing problems Rolf   03/02/11 09:48 PM
. * * Re: Relocated Dingo's causing problems Homer   05/02/11 04:18 AM
. * * Re: Relocated Dingo's causing problems 450_Ackley   05/02/11 03:18 PM
. * * Re: Relocated Dingo's causing problems kamilaroi   05/02/11 07:00 PM
. * * Re: Relocated Dingo's causing problems FATBOY404   07/02/11 07:21 PM
. * * Re: Relocated Dingo's causing problems 9.3x57   01/12/10 12:38 AM
. * * Re: Relocated Dingo's causing problems Empire375   30/11/10 07:14 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4104

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com