Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Minox BF 10x42 BR Binoculars

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1
magnum308
.275 member

Reged: 19/05/04
Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Minox BF 10x42 BR Binoculars
      #170771 - 01/11/10 11:06 PM

I just replaced the Stiener Hunting binoculars lost in the southern mountains of New Zealand in June this year with Minox BF 10 x 42 BR binoculars (these are apparently the BV model but in colour black). On a brief look through them in the fading light this afternoon they look pretty good. Compared them briefly with my Leupold Gold Ring 15-30X 50 spotting scope (set to 15X) and they didn't look too bad.

Two questions though.

1. They don't come with objective lens covers. Anyone know whether Minox make them as an accessory or, if not, what else I can use?

2. What binocular harness can I use with them?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Reged: 16/01/08
Loc: DUBBO, NSW, AUSTRALIA
Re: Minox BF 10x42 BR Binoculars [Re: magnum308]
      #170807 - 02/11/10 07:29 AM

I can only help with your No.2 question, I use the "Allen" available at most gun shops.

Cheers,

Jeff Gray

mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: The beautiful Oley Valley, PA....
Re: Minox BF 10x42 BR Binoculars [Re: magnum308]
      #170974 - 05/11/10 01:51 PM

Quote:

I just replaced the Stiener Hunting binoculars lost in the southern mountains of New Zealand in June this year with Minox BF 10 x 42 BR binoculars (these are apparently the BV model but in colour black). On a brief look through them in the fading light this afternoon they look pretty good. Compared them briefly with my Leupold Gold Ring 15-30X 50 spotting scope (set to 15X) and they didn't look too bad.

Two questions though.

1. They don't come with objective lens covers. Anyone know whether Minox make them as an accessory or, if not, what else I can use?

2. What binocular harness can I use with them?

1. I use Butler Creek flip up scope covers on all my binos. Measure the O.D. of the binocular objective lens, and buy 2 objective lens scope covers with an inside diameter that's the same measurement as the O.D. of the binos. Don't worry if it's a bit snug: just lubricate the inside of the scope cover with a bit of dish washing liquid, and they'll slide on nicely. I don't use any cover for the ocular lens.

2. I don't use a bino harness on any of my binos. What I use is a stretch neoprene camera strap available at any good camera shop. I find them to be very comfortable, and the stretch helps cushion the jarring while walking or running.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2138

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com