Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 8 Bore Jones Underlever

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Paradox and Bore Guns

Pages: 1
CowboyCS
.333 member

Reged: 05/10/07
Loc: Kansas u.S.A.
8 Bore Jones Underlever
      #237194 - 28/10/13 04:11 AM

I started a new build this week. I won't be doing a fully detailed build documentation of this one because it will basically be just like the other Jones Underlevers I've built. I will post updates though as the build progresses.

http://stolzergunsmithing.wordpress.com/...e-rifle-part-1/
or
http://stolzergunsmithing.wordpress.com/

Enjoy,

Colin

--------------------
The Bill of Rights- Void were prohibited by law
Stolzer & Son's Gunsmithing

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Matabele
.300 member

Reged: 16/09/10
Loc: Zimbabwe
Re: 8 Bore Jones Underlever [Re: CowboyCS]
      #238983 - 09/12/13 02:47 AM

Hey Colin, I was just wondering if you have any updates on this? I need my gun building fix! Hope all's well with you and your family.

CowboyCS
.333 member

Re: 8 Bore Jones Underlever [Re: Matabele]
      #238988 - 09/12/13 04:29 AM

I have some more video but I haven't had time to edit it and get it uploaded. I'm under a deadline with this rifle and I've had a few problems. I had a gear break in my Mill and that has slowed me down considerably, I won't have the replacement part until the end of December. So I've had to remove a lot of metal by hand that I would normally do with my Mill.

Then on the internet side of things we have had to change service providers in the last month and we are still having issues with the new service, the download speed is better than we had but they haven't been able to get our upload speed up to where it is supposed to be. So I have been holding off on doing any uploads until our ISP fixes the speed issues. Right at the moment our upload is slower than dial up and I would never be able to get a video uploaded that slow.

Usually I love everything about living out in the country, no neighbors, no rules about shooting, hunting my own property BUT when it comes to technology we are at a serious disadvantage compared to city living.

Colin

--------------------

Matabele
.300 member

Reged: 16/09/10
Loc: Zimbabwe
      #239718 - 24/12/13 07:54 AM

Technology, cant live with it sometimes and cant live without it!! Hope you sort out your internet issues Colin, and the gear arrives shortly, not great to have such a key machine down for too long.

I agree with you on living in the country, it's food for the soul. The best times I've had were spent tramping over my relations farms in Zimbabwe.

All the best to you and yours for Christmas, hope everything works out for you soon.

CowboyCS
.333 member

Re: 8 Bore Jones Underlever [Re: Matabele]
      #241751 - 05/02/14 06:16 AM

I know it has been many months since I have update this build or my blog at all for that matter. I’ve had a few set backs with this project and ended up missing the delivery deadline. First real set-back was when my milling machine broke the main drive gear in the geared head unit. In any case the video below is the current state of the 8 Bore, basically all of the metal work is complete and it is ready to be inlet into wood. Since I missed the delivery deadline on this project and this was being built on a trade deal I had worked out, I simply returned the Trade rifle to the customer with compensation for delivery of his rifle to me and for the small amout of shooting I did with it while it was in my possession. Unfortunately that leaves this 8 Bore as a speculation build in my shop, so I’m going to set it on a back burner and work on it as time permits. I’ll be moving on to the next paying project shortly.

If anybody would like to buy up this 8 Bore project please email or call me to discuss it, my contact information can be found at the Stolzer Gunsmithing.

Link to the blog:
http://stolzergunsmithing.wordpress.com/...e-rifle-part-2/
or
http://stolzergunsmithing.wordpress.com/

Enjoy,

Colin

--------------------

Ash
.400 member

Reged: 10/05/11
Loc: Australia
      #241930 - 07/02/14 03:57 PM

Shame the mill broke, so you couldnt use it to make a new drive gear for it! If it was the lathe you'd be on easy street.

Thanks for the update, i've been eagerly awaiting this.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  tinker 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6289

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com