Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: For 9.3x57, Ya gonna love this!!!!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
Altamaha
.333 member

Reged: 29/12/08
Loc: Washington State USA
For 9.3x57, Ya gonna love this!!!!
      #190911 - 28/09/11 01:11 PM

Granma to Wolf: My, what a big gun I have!!!

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3411043/m/8361037361

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Reged: 16/01/08
Loc: DUBBO, NSW, AUSTRALIA
Re: For 9.3x57, Ya gonna love this!!!! [Re: Altamaha]
      #190912 - 28/09/11 01:25 PM

One lucky Grandma, I expect that her previous training gave her the edge. Good story.

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: For 9.3x57, Ya gonna love this!!!! [Re: CHAPUISARMES]
      #190917 - 28/09/11 04:45 PM

Good for her.

Obviously "taking out" the trash.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Altamaha
.333 member

Re: For 9.3x57, Ya gonna love this!!!! [Re: 9.3x57]
      #190939 - 29/09/11 12:12 AM

I used to bowhunt for Elk in the Washington coast range. Always wondered why folks in Idaho and Montana wanted to pack a 44 Mag when bowhunting. Like having a lead brick in your back pocket.

Now I see says the dumb man.

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #190942 - 29/09/11 01:17 AM

Good for her! I noted one reply said the wolves were from the Yukon - could have been but I thought they were BC wolves. It doesn't really matter, as they are one and the same - nice big 'dogs' A? Not your average little 70 pound brush wolf from Ontario.

We(when guiding)had a client charged by a wolf a few years back. He liked to go for a run after lunch and didn't want to carry his bow. The wolf saw him coming up the 'road'(grass and weed covered) on a rounded knob- probably saw his bobbing head,not his whole body at first, didn't know what it was other than something to eat and charged straight at him. When in full view, the runner's shape became apparent, the wolf put on the brakes, clawing at the road's surface turning and disappeared into the bush in a flash. We can only speculate as to why the wolf attacked initially, as I did, due to the type of terrain - the wolf was flat on the ground facing the oncomming runner and as he came up over the rounded rise, the wolf charged him, then took off into the bush, frightened when it realized what he was. It certanly wasn't a normal predatary attack as the wolf probably matched his weight (he's scrawny)and could have carried out the attack quite successfully. When he got back to camp he was still shaking and white as a sheet. Said he'd for-go his runs while in Northern BC. after that.

No matter what you say to people, there are always those who don't believe you need to be armed when they're in the bush where the animals live.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Altamaha
.333 member

Re: For 9.3x57, Ya gonna love this!!!! [Re: DarylS]
      #190951 - 29/09/11 05:14 AM

Quote:

No matter what you say to people, there are always those who don't believe you need to be armed when they're in the bush where the animals live.

Very True.

9.3x57
.450 member

#190954 - 29/09/11 06:42 AM

My son has worked in Headquarters for two summers and just landed a fulltime job there. He just sent me pix of a moose killed by wolves.

We are all especially proud of the recovery of moose in our state, a recovery threatened by wolves.

Wolves are a disease, just like they always have been.

We spent 80 years without them. Those were 80 great wolf-less years for the people of the state of Idaho.

Now we must endure the ravages of the disease.

But there is some hope on the horizon...

Stay tuned.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #190972 - 29/09/11 10:31 AM

Hope you're right, Rod - unless something is done, as far as wolf predation goes, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

9.3x57
.450 member

Re: For 9.3x57, Ya gonna love this!!!! [Re: DarylS]
      #190974 - 29/09/11 10:47 AM

Quote:

Hope you're right, Rod - unless something is done, as far as wolf predation goes, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Daryl, we've seen 16 years of "Wolf Recovery" {the US euphemism for "Destruction of Heritage, Custom and Culture of Rural People"} with no management of wolves except for one year. One.

We've seen stock depredations {maiming and killing of livestock}, disease spread {ecinococcus granulosa, etc}, decline of elk populations from 125,000 to 100,000 and falling...and the deepening fear of rural women for the safety of their children and the bitter rage of men {...and some women...} at a Federal government that would seed such a scourge upon its own people.

All this...after 80 years of wolf-less blessing.

I believe you. We've seen nothing yet, and neither have the wolf lovers.

Little by little.

--------------------

Altamaha
.333 member

#190983 - 29/09/11 01:07 PM

They are established in eastern Oregon and have been spotted in central Oregon.

Also in NE Washington.

Heard a report two weeks ago that several sheep were killed by wolves in central Washington, near Cle Elum: Only 40 minutes up I-90 from Seattle!!!

As we all know, wolves are travelers, I betcha they can easily cover 50 miles in 24 hours if they so desire.

All drainages on the western side of the central Cascades in Washington go down to highly populated areas. Look out all you techie libs in Bellevue, the wolf pack will be in your back yard soon!!!

I can here it now: "Fluffy? Here fluffy, kitty kitty. Have you seen fluffy? Wonder where she went, have not seen here since yesterday." This will be the least of their worries, look out joggers runing the wooded trails in "Microsoft Park".

Alfred Hitchcock could not write a better horror story.

What was the wolf movie years ago, about a pack in the Bronx or New York somewhere eating the homeless? Wolffen or something?

500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
      #190985 - 29/09/11 01:17 PM

Quote:

As we all know, wolves are travelers, I betcha they can easily cover 50 miles in 24 hours if they so desire.

A human could at just a walk / run cadence,
I am sure a Wolf could.

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: For 9.3x57, Ya gonna love this!!!! [Re: 500Nitro]
      #191011 - 29/09/11 11:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

A human could at just a walk / run cadence,
I am sure a Wolf could.

they can go a heck of a lot further that that..there is a story here in Montana where a male killed 20plus sheep --the next day he was 70 plus miles north and killed another 30 plus sheep..two days later he was back at the original spot killing more sheep...this was known as he was collared..and thus killed on the third day...they are movers for sure....and agree--

also agree that with the FACT that the onces dropped in here in Montana/Idaho/Wyoming are substantially larger than the ones here originally...

the northern elk herd is now estimated to be 4800 animals--prior to the wolves, the herd was over 20,000....

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2962

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com