Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 46"Rice Barrels

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

Pages: 1
DarylSModerator
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
46"Rice Barrels
      #96913 - 17/02/08 07:09 AM

If anyone would like one of these, the particulars are below. This is a re-print from another forum, posted by Erik Kettenburg.
:Well after much discussion and wrangling I have worked out an arrangement with Liston Rice at Rice Barrel Co. He is willing to attempt PRODUCTION running a long 46" swamped rifle barrel! These will be production runs, not custom orders, meaning if he gets the initial orders and the market is there, then he can run these every few months just like all of the other commerical profiles and we will all be able to get 46" rifle barrels on a REGULAR BASIS! I don't know about you all but I think this would be GREAT!

Here is the deal: he needs an initial order of 50 barrels. THESE MUST BE PAID UP-FRONT TO RICE BARREL CO. The money will go into what is basicaly an escrow account - if the attempt does not work out, all money will be refunded in-full. Barrels will be basically an extension of the commercial 42" 'golden age' profile, so will have a moderate waist with a gentle muzzle flare (no overly-dramatic or ridiculous flare). The initial barrel profiles will be 'B' weights (1" breech) and 'C' weights (1.062 breech) in either .50 or .54 caliber. BREECHPLUGS INSTALLED. He will run either regular square-bottom grooves or radius-corner grooves (essentially square bottom but inside corners are rounded slightly with a hint of radius to the floor of the groove). Also will run same calibers in smoothbore if desired! PRICE: $250 each for smooth/square groove, $270 for radius groove. He estimates, upon receiving the intial 50 orders and funding, to be able to begin making these in 2-3 months. These guys are straight-talking, up-front guys and are willing to make a genuine attempt at this! I sincerely hope we can come up with the minimum initial order.

IF YOU WANT TO ORDER ONE OR MORE OF THESE: (1) print this out so you can remember the options when you call them. (2) Call Rice Barrel Co. at 828-628-3627 and place your order. PLEASE MENTION MY NAME (Eric Kettenburg) and let him know this is to be part of the special 46" barrel order. This will ensure the funding is put in trust. The more you can afford to order, the better!

If this works out, can you imagine how great it will be to be able to pick up a longer 46" rifle barrel as easily as a 42" or 44"? Length matters hahahahahahaha! BTW, any feedback appreciated. I'd be curious to know just how much demand there is going to be on this.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1302

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com