Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Another hunt

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

Pages: 1
Tatume
.400 member

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: Gloucester, Va USA
Another hunt
      #119784 - 30/11/08 12:13 AM

Hello Folks,

Yesterday was another good hunt, but I didn’t see any deer. I took the Steve Zihn stalking rifle a couple of miles into the woods to a clearing that is about 100 yards in diameter. It’s an old homestead, but no remnants of the dwelling remain. There’s just the clearing and some nice, green vegetation. There were lots of bluebirds today, and I saw a great horned owl. The rifle accompanied me on a great day in the woods.

Take care, Tom

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Another hunt [Re: Tatume]
      #119788 - 30/11/08 12:54 AM

Tom, here many times we hike many miles and don't see even a single deer and as for elk, even tougher... I am very fortunate in that I am in the field and mountains every day all year long, but regardless of the familiarity, I never get tired of seeing what there is to see; birds, weasels, whatever. Our season is winding down now, but if I just want to shoot something, there's still those two butcher lambs meandering in the pond pasture my wife keeps reminding me about putting in the freezer...

Thanks for posting The Hunt!!

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1601

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com