Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Josef Orasche Ferlach questions

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

NorthernBob
.224 member

Reged: 09/12/07
Loc: Northern Alberta
Josef Orasche Ferlach questions
      30/10/08 04:29 AM

I'm having trouble finding any information on a 7x57 Mauser sporting rifle I bought last weekend. It appears to be very well made and in nice condition. I couldn't find Orasche mentioned in my books. When I googled Josef Orasche there were only a couple of hits dealing with guns, both in German. If I understood the google translation one hit had a website that had a copy of hinge break rifle that a Josef Orasche built in 1922. I think it was saying the rifle they copied won a competition or exhibition in that year. When I went to register the rifle with the Canadian government there were only 2 other Orasche rifles registered, neither in 7x57. Does anyone on this site own any of his rifles or know anything about him? The serial number of my rifle is 30,350. It has double set triggers, a spoon handle bolt, and engraving on the lever operated floor plate and trigger guard. The barrels are made of Bohler Spezial Stahl. On the right side of the receiver ring and on the barrel is 2945 . 55 with a couple of stamps after. The first stamp looks like a Z and something else. I can't make out the second stamp. I'll have to get some magnification to read it. Would that be the load the single leaf fixed sight is regulated for? The stock has a cheek piece and the rifle may not be as old as I thought at first. It was either built with or someone added a grip cap with a white line spacer. I'll get some pictures and post them soon. Thank you for any information you might have on this maker and rifle.

Edited by NorthernBob (30/10/08 10:11 AM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Josef Orasche Ferlach questions NorthernBob 30/10/08 04:29 AM
. * * Re: Josef Orasche Ferlach questions Collath_500BPE   31/10/08 06:23 PM
. * * Re: Josef Orasche Ferlach questions NorthernBob   01/11/08 03:30 AM
. * * Re: Josef Orasche Ferlach questions bpesteve   09/11/08 03:38 AM
. * * Re: Josef Orasche Ferlach questions pjaln   30/10/08 11:13 AM
. * * Re: Josef Orasche Ferlach questions Collath_500BPE   30/10/08 09:46 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 70 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4631

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com