Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: J. Peterlongo - R. Marholdt - Innsbruck

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Forum Photos & Archive

Pages: 1
7mmSAKO
.224 member

Reged: 11/11/06
Loc: Finland
J. Peterlongo - R. Marholdt - Innsbruck
      #69035 - 07/01/07 10:55 PM

Here is some photos of my first Mauser rifle made by J. Peterlongo - R. Marholdt - Innsbruck. It is not in 100% original condition. The bolt is from Hartmann & Weiss and I think that the buttplate isn´t original, but I think it is beautiful at least it was cheap.
If some one knows history of J. Peterlongo - R. Marholdt - Innsbruck please tell me.
This rifle is probably from pre ww2 era?

Some engravings from the bolt

Shotgun type safety

More engravings from the magazin floor

caliber is 8x57IS
Sight is 4x32 Swarovski

Edited by CptCurl (29/12/08 02:44 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Fossdal
.224 member

Reged: 30/12/06
Loc: Norway
Re: J. Peterlongo - R. Marholdt - Innsbruck [Re: 7mmSAKO]
      #69040 - 08/01/07 02:08 AM

Nice rifle!
How do you like the scope-mounting?

7mmSAKO
.224 member

Re: J. Peterlongo - R. Marholdt - Innsbruck [Re: Fossdal]
      #69052 - 08/01/07 06:18 AM

The scope mount is Suhler einhakmontage. It is quite easy to use, but I havent test it yet in shooting range.

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: J. Peterlongo - R. Marholdt - Innsbruck [Re: 7mmSAKO]
      #69057 - 08/01/07 06:57 AM

I also have a Marholt. Pre war commercial Mauser. It was 'liberated' after the War. Originally an 8x57 it was sent back to Marholt and rebarreled to a 3006. Some one along the line decided to make it a 300 H&H and I think that it was also done by Marholt but don't know.

Really nice engraving, spoon bolt, tang safety. I wish it was still on '06 though.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

Michael_Petrov
.224 member

Reged: 29/11/05
Loc: Alaska
Re: J. Peterlongo - R. Marholdt - Innsbruck [Re: mickey]
      #69237 - 10/01/07 05:34 PM

Sorry I don’t have the time to edit this, from my “Mahrholdt” E-file. I do have the first seven or eight of his books, a must for anyone interest in the German-Austrian gunmakers.

Richard Mahrholdt lived from 1878 to 1949. From 1898 to 1918 he was head of Tiroler Waffenfabrik Peterlongo Richard Mahrholdt & Sohn (Tirol gun factory P. R. M. & son) in Innsbruck/Austria. That factory was founded by Johann Peterlongo in Innsbruck in 1854.
In 1919 he founded R. M. & Sohn, which overtook the Tiroler Waffenfabrik again in 1939. After Richard Mahrholdt's death his son became head of the firm.
The production of Tiroler Waffenfabrik Peterlongo R. M. & Sohn (according to "Waffenlexikon" of 1957):
• target rifles
• rifles for high power cartridges and repeating rifles
• drillings
• side-by-side rifles
• over-and-under rifles with different calibers
• over-and-under shotguns
• over-and-under rifle-shotguns
• scope mounting
R. Mahrholdt was in good contact with the Suhl gunsmith August Schüler. In his time he was known as a good expert of gunnery. He is the author of the "Waffenlexikon", which was published in 1931 and its second edition in 1937. This book is even today in publication and revision.

More on Richard Mahrholdt
Mahrholdt was one of the biggest gun gurus of prewar Germany. He was also a master gunmaker with a safety Drilling of his own design. His greatest legacy was the "Waffen-Lexicon", first published in 1931 followed by editions in 1937. It is still in print, but has been heavily edited so that the good info on older makers has been lost. If you can find the 2nd edition, get it. It is a treasure trove of gun lore, patents and company profiles now lost to posterity.
Mahrholdt managed the Peterlongo guns works in Innsbrück, Austria from 1898-1918 after which he took over as his own under the name of Tiroler Waffenfabrik Peterlongo, Richard Mahrholdt und Sohn. After Mahrholdt's death in 1947, it was taken over by his son, Herbert, who was also co-author of later editions of Waffen-Lexikon. The Tiroler Waffenfabrik (Tyrolean Arms Factory) closed shop some time in the 1970s.

7mmSAKO
.224 member

Re: J. Peterlongo - R. Marholdt - Innsbruck [Re: Michael_Petrov]
      #69340 - 12/01/07 03:00 AM

Thanks for intresting info.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 14828

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com