Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Haenel sporter en bloc clips.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

sharps4590
.333 member

Reged: 09/03/16
Loc: Missouri Ozarks
Haenel sporter en bloc clips.
      22/10/23 01:57 AM

Ok.....The rifle arrived yesterday afternoon late so I didn't do anymore than open it and look it over. It's keeper.

This morning I took it downstairs to go over it and the first thing I did was try the clips I bought from Gun Parts/Numrich. They don't work very well.

First off I am suspicious of my bullet. It's a 200 gr. cast bullet and I'm wondering if it's too short? Seems I read somewhere these clips were sensitive to bullet length and maybe nose shape? My bullets are 200 gr. and have about a 20-22 cal. meplat. I don't believe the bullet nose is grabbing but, it appears the nose is being pushed down before it reaches the ramp. Needless to say it's near impossible to operate the bolt in a normal manner.....and I really don't think it's the rifle.

Secondly, first time through the clip was as tight as Dick's hat band. Do they need sprung out? Loosened up? I want to remember reading "these clips work as good as the originals once adjusted.

I apologize for no pictures. This is the only site I belong to, that I peruse, that I can't post pictures from my computers. If I can, I haven't learned how.....

--------------------
Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John14:6

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Haenel sporter en bloc clips. sharps4590 22/10/23 01:57 AM
. * * Re: Haenel sporter en bloc clips. kuduae   22/10/23 05:30 AM
. * * Re: Haenel sporter en bloc clips. sharps4590   22/10/23 09:13 AM
. * * Re: Haenel sporter en bloc clips. sharps4590   23/10/23 03:06 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 45 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 784

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com