Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Heym, Merkel, Chapuis of Krieghoff. Which is best and WHY?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

AfricanBigGameTrails
.224 member

Reged: 15/06/14
Loc: Hoedspruit, South Africa
Heym, Merkel, Chapuis of Krieghoff. Which is best and WHY?
      18/06/14 09:34 AM

Greetings Lads,

I'm considering buying a pair of new SxS double rifles, and the two caliber's I'm looking at are 9,3x74R and 7x57R.

I don't know much about the four rifle makers listed above, so I'm calling on the forum to try and get some feedback from owners and users who have first hand experience of these four makes of double rifle.

If you think one name stands out above the others let me know, but please substantiate your answer, give me a reason why that name is better or worse then the others. (and sorry guys, but "Because I have one" is not a good enough reason… ha ha ha ;-).

This thread is not meant to start wars (I know we can all get very protective over our favorite things), I'm simply looking for facts and good advise.
Tell me the good the bad and the ugly so I can make an informed decision.

Many thanks
Pete.

PS: I really like Krieghoffs manual cocking system, makes a lot of sense!

--------------------
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick!

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Heym, Merkel, Chapuis of Krieghoff. Which is best and WHY? AfricanBigGameTrails 18/06/14 09:34 AM
. * * Heym, Merkel, Chapuis. Krieghoff, or Verney-Carron NitroXAdministrator   19/06/14 03:48 PM
. * * Re: Heym, Merkel, Chapuis of Krieghoff. Which is best and WHY? Rell   19/06/14 10:30 PM
. * * Re: Heym, Merkel, Chapuis of Krieghoff. Which is best and WHY? Ripp   18/06/14 12:24 PM
. * * Re: Heym, Merkel, Chapuis of Krieghoff. Which is best and WHY? Rell   18/06/14 01:52 PM
. * * Re: Heym, Merkel, Chapuis of Krieghoff. Which is best and WHY? Jaguarhunter   19/06/14 06:07 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4470

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com