Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: English Double

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

AdamTayler
.375 member

Reged: 22/03/04
Loc: B.C.
English Double
      23/04/04 01:49 AM

A friend of mine was given a double a couple of years back. At first he thought it was just a side by side shotgun until he looked down the barrels! On the side of the barrel it has George Smith, Davies St, Berkley Square, London. It is covered in engraving including the screws and the external hammers, has express sights for 100,150,200,250, and there is a lever under the trigger guard to open the action. He guesses it weighs 7-8 lbs (less than a Springfield but more than a Sharp's Carbine). Proof markings on the right barrel are as follows: the number 41 followed by an acorn on it's side, a crown over the letter V all on their sides, A St. Georges cross (?), the letter 27 over 40 with a line between them. The left barrel has the number 40 followed by the acorn then V40. There is a welded loop to the barrels and one screwed into the stock. Lastly, he could not see what calibre it is chambered for but the bore diameter is 13.5 mm and the diamter at the ejectors is 17 mm. It is obviously (?)dumascus barreled and both pins are there. All this was described over the phone to me but he is going to bring it over to my place so I can have a better look at it. Does anybody know anything of this gun maker and what to look for? Approximate value? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--------------------
It's the journey, not the destination.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* English Double AdamTayler 23/04/04 01:49 AM
. * * Re: English Double Levallois   24/04/04 07:32 AM
. * * Re: English Double AdamTayler   25/04/04 12:32 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1783

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com