Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Just an observation...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Ironscot
.224 member

Reged: 14/08/07
Loc: Indian Nation
Just an observation...
      17/12/10 06:27 AM

I've been wandering around the listings of double rifles of recent manufacture and have noticed something that has me a bit perplexed. Initially when the Sabatti rifles were starting to make their way into the market there was a great deal of derision about the vertical disperion on their test targets. Now I'm looking at some of the new Chapuis rifles and another I don't recall off the cuff and they demonstrate the same vertical ranging on their test targets as well.

My question is thus...Do they all regulate this "poorly", or is this vertically misalligned pattern a result of the method of retention during regulation? While I'm asking questions, (really, I could ask all day), how much effect does body mass and structure of the shooter play on offhand grouping of these rifles? I just took a physics class and they never should've taught a middle aged millwright stuff like that. I'm noodling force diagrams in my head and cannot for the life of me figure out how a single rifle will shoot the same for any two people unless they're identical twins.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Just an observation... Ironscot 17/12/10 06:27 AM
. * * Re: Just an observation... doubleriflejack   17/12/10 07:32 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 56 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2165

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com