Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Superannuation = Double Rifle, would this work ??

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

375Brno
.333 member

Reged: 18/10/05
Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Superannuation = Double Rifle, would this work ??
      27/01/06 11:28 AM

Hi

Would appreciate some advice on the following.

If for example I wanted to buy a DR for $25k then given the fantastic tax system we have in Australia I would have to earn approx $50k before tax to get my $25k. So, what if I moved some of my existing superannuation into a self managed fund and used some of the proceeds to buy said DR. Alternatively I could start a new fund from scratch and build it up using pre-tax payments. I know that a self managed fund needs to be of a certain size to make it viable and there may be limits to how much can be used to invest in certain asset classes (ie. I could not buy guns with all the money) but other than that the main advantage is that the super is paid in before tax and has a much smaller tax rate. I would miss out on the revenue that the $25k would make in super but in theory I should get that back with capital gain as long as I bought the right gun. Not that I would be likely to sell it anyway.

Anyone looked into this before or tried it ? Would appreciate feedback.

375Fetish

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Superannuation = Double Rifle, would this work ?? 375Brno 27/01/06 11:28 AM
. * * Re: Superannuation = Double Rifle, would this work NitroXAdministrator   27/01/06 01:17 PM
. * * Re: Superannuation = Double Rifle, would this work 375Brno   28/01/06 11:18 PM
. * * Re: Superannuation = Double Rifle, would this work 500Nitro   29/01/06 12:05 AM
. * * Re: Superannuation = Double Rifle, would this work NitroXAdministrator   29/01/06 03:10 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1809

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com