Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: double rifle gun cases

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
chrispie
.275 member

Reged: 30/01/04
Loc: New England, USA
double rifle gun cases
      #12483 - 26/03/04 10:03 AM

hello, does anyone know were you can get a good deal on leather or oak cases for double rifles, i've been searching the web and all i come up with is a few places and there prices range from 750.00 and wayyyy up. i don't want to spend almost a grand for a case. your suggestions are very much apreciated

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
RLI
.375 member

Reged: 01/10/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: double rifle gun cases [Re: chrispie]
      #12486 - 26/03/04 10:21 AM

Try www.centuryarms.com.au they should have what you want. I think they can fit the case with compartments/dividers if you give specs. of rifle. I have leather case and is quality item.
RLI

--------------------
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." — John Wayne

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
      #12487 - 26/03/04 10:21 AM

Unless you buy a one size fits all leather case that is what you will pay. You might try and find a used one that needs some work and fix it up. I have done that for 6-7 rifles and they look nice and don't cost too much.

Over the years I have bought a lot of old Oak and Leather cases and now have 20 or so ready to be fitted for rifles. Someday I might actually get around to it.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

luv2safari
.400 member

Reged: 09/11/03
Loc: United States
      #12491 - 26/03/04 10:52 AM

Jeff's Outfitters...Jeff Mayfield took over the stock of Cape Outfitters when Don died. He has good cases at realistic prices.

www.jeffsoutfitters.com

--------------------
Hunt with Class and Classics

chrispie
.275 member

Re: double rifle gun cases [Re: luv2safari]
      #12506 - 26/03/04 01:20 PM

thanks guys, for your input on were to look, and by the way mikey, got 20 of them, lets all share the wealth, i think you should build one up for me $$$

mickey
.416 member

#12511 - 26/03/04 01:58 PM

chrispie

Tell you what. I will do that, typical English with all the tools, bottles etc. Just send me your rifle for fitting in the case. Delivery time is minimum 5 years but could be longer, depending on the rifle.

This is an open offer to anybody else too by the way.

Trust Me.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

chrispie
.275 member

Re: double rifle gun cases [Re: mickey]
      #12513 - 26/03/04 02:32 PM

lol, ok them mikey, i won't let you sit in the side car in africa, i'll just have to bring someone else.

mickey
.416 member

#12515 - 26/03/04 02:46 PM

chrispie

Okay, if you promise I can shoot a Cape Buffalo from the sidecar with my 45-70 I might be able to shave some of the time off of the case.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
      #12651 - 28/03/04 05:14 AM

In reply to:

hello, does anyone know were you can get a good deal on leather or oak cases for double rifles, i've been searching the web and all i come up with is a few places and there prices range from 750.00 and wayyyy up. i don't want to spend almost a grand for a case. your suggestions are very much apreciated

Crispie,Oak and Leather fitted cases are expensive, and you will not find one even used, in most cases, for under $7 or $800. Then you will find they are nice but are not well suited to airline travel. The average for haveing one made to fitt your rifles will set you back around $1500. The all leather luggage cases are in the $250, to $450 price range, from Jeff's outfitters!

A better choice is one of the new fitted cases that are airline aproved, but look like the old oak & leather cases inside. These are the lockable aluminum cases, with the fitting inside. www.danwaltercases.com and www.travelcases.com are two such makers, and their products are very well done,and sell in the $500,, to $600 range. These look like display cases when left open, but are secure for travel. If the display is not what you want, the best is the Tuff-Case,with the rifle in a soft case inside! It seems the Travel case website isn't displaying the rifle cases, but on page 63 of the April addition of HANDLOADER Magazine is their add!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Edited by DUGABOY1 (28/03/04 05:32 AM)

chrispie
.275 member

Re: double rifle gun cases [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #12692 - 28/03/04 02:47 PM

thanks dugaboy, i'll check them out.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2864

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com