Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Brno 375 o/u double info needed

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
wombat
.300 member

Reged: 06/03/04
Loc: Australia
Brno 375 o/u double info needed
      #108594 - 30/06/08 09:59 PM

Just seen an ad. for a Brno 375 H&H Mag o/u double described as Super Model 575.2 with ejectors.I assume it is a box lock,what grade of weapon is it considered?Does it have intercepting sears?Any experience in the forum with a similar weapons?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
farshot
.300 member

Reged: 25/01/06
Loc: Alberta Canada
Re: Brno 375 o/u double info needed [Re: wombat]
      #108607 - 01/07/08 12:37 AM

I have one of those in 9.3 x74, I believe they are konwn as the Super Express as well, mine is a non-ejector. They are a true sidelock with cocking indicators. Modeled after a Merkel, they are a bit heavier and a bit "clunkier" in form then a Merkel. They are very strong action, with double triggers, front being set. The firing pins are not bushed but I do believe that they rebound.

I do not think that they have interceptors, and a good smith friend of mine says that he has had doubling trouble with these -- I dont know if he knew this model or not. I have never had a double out of about 500 rounds. They have a partial rib that takes a 14.l5 mm mount brno. They came with varius grade sof engraving that added up to $4000.00 odd dollars (UDS) to the price. I know that they are relatively unknown (because they did come from a communist country and not imported for many years) in the USA, so therefore are not considered a "top grade" or as desirable as a Merkel, Heym, Searcy etc. or other certain Euro rifles. They are a very good double rifle, like all BRNO products, very servicable.

Although not a trim rifle - I love mine. It shoots endlessly into one hole above the other (about 2 inch depending on the load used) at 100-200 yds. I use both Norma 286 gr factory and handloads of 286 gr Norma and Nosler Partition to 2350 ft/s. and they all print pretty much to the same place -- just up and down a bit more or less. The little extra weight makes it a joy to shoot. Hell, I even climbed mountains with it chasing the elusive leopard.

I just used mine for 2 kudus, a waterbuck and a couple of warthog in Namibia. They got hit (kudus in the neck) and went down like the hammer of Thor got them. I use a low variable scope as my eyes are not young anymore. The waterbuck, the 286 gr Nosler passed through it from 100 yds.

The .375 (rimmed or non-rimmed ??) would be excellent - if you dont want it let me know and i may take a poke at it.

Arctic
.275 member

Reged: 01/04/04
Loc: Arctic Canada
Re: Brno 375 o/u double info needed [Re: farshot]
      #108683 - 01/07/08 06:34 PM

I have a pair, bought about '82, in 9.3X74 and .375, ......had both Magna-ported (first doubles they'd ever done!), and tend to agree with Farshot, ....they're a great "tool" gun, nothing fancy and they get the job done with ease, both shooting under 2" with handloads.
I do favor the side by sides and haven't shot these that much the last few years, but they are good guns for the price.
~Arctic~

--------------------
"A stranger is a friend we haven't met!"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 181 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4825

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com